My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on May 10, 2014, 12:23:20 PM

Title: Amblers Club Run 11th May 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on May 10, 2014, 12:23:20 PM
Weather looks like a mixed bag. So a few lumps to keep us warm I think.
Here is the route.

Brackla - Bridgend - Embassy Roundabout - Tondu - Coytrahen - Maesteg - Bryn - Port Tolbot - Margam - Water Street - Porthcawl Via West Park Drive - around the sea front - Three Steps Hill - A48 - New Inn road toward Ewenny. Cafe stop. From here a couple of choices, some my want to continue around the vale and clock some mileage up. Some may want to go home. Should be about 40 miles to Ewenny. See you tomorrow 9am all Welcome
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 11th May 2014
Post by: Tom on May 10, 2014, 01:45:03 PM
Sad to say I'm missing another club run to watch the Bluebirds-might be the last Premier League game in my lifetime if it takes them as long to climb back up there again!
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 11th May 2014
Post by: Chris Reed on May 10, 2014, 03:48:07 PM
Not for me guys - got to work! Went out today and was very scary, hope the wind drops for you all.
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 11th May 2014
Post by: Tony M on May 10, 2014, 09:49:30 PM
Was really difficult around the coast today. I'll have a look in the morning.  :-*
Title: Re: Amblers Club Run 11th May 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on May 11, 2014, 12:50:13 PM
Weather was slightly better than I expected today. Three of us set off from Brackla Wayne Evans, Laurence and myself. Wayne did the lions share of the work on the front, and paid for it going up to Brynn. Laurence got the KOM of the day. Laurence peeled off at Port Takbot the have a family Sunday lunch.

This is where the tail winds kicked in Wow. Wayne and I had a turbo boost from Port Talbot to the other side of three steps hill.

One of those rides I'm glad I got out on, I was tempted to stay at home.. 42 miles for me and in the house for 11:30. Same time next week.