My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on May 09, 2014, 07:36:49 PM

Title: Pacers Sunday 11
Post by: Andy H on May 09, 2014, 07:36:49 PM
I'm not around the next two Sundays, the triathlon season has started! Yippee   ;D

If anybody is planning on going out please post a route or plan.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 11
Post by: Steven on May 10, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

I'll be out - not confident on my deep section front and rear disc in these winds - so will not race..
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 11
Post by: Rob Jones on May 10, 2014, 11:05:58 AM
Steven - I used a standard front rim on Thurs for club 10 and it was absolutely fine in very strong wind. Didn't need to come off the aero bars at all and didn't feel I was getting blown any more than on a standard road bike. I didn't use a rear disc wheel but more to save on weight than due to wind. I reckon if you just swap your front wheel and keep your dish on the back you'll be fine. That's what I plan to do tomorrow. Also suspect it will be slightly less windy that bit further north tomorrow. Hope so anyways!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 11
Post by: Steven on May 11, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

The pacer decided to do a winter ride - as that's what it felt like.  Port Talbot and over the Bwlch. - 46 miles..