My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on April 28, 2014, 09:53:09 AM

Title: Mid Week Wednesday 30th April 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on April 28, 2014, 09:53:09 AM
I'm out for a couple of hours on Wednesday forecast looks ok but overcast so should stay dry. I will be riding the mid week route. As usual I'll be at the B&Q ROUNDABOUT 9:30 all welcome.

Title: Re: Mid Week Wednesday 30th April 2014
Post by: Tom on April 28, 2014, 10:42:21 AM
I was hoping you'd say that Paul as I need a spin after all that holiday food/drink!I'll see you there unless weather is rubbish!
Title: Re: Mid Week Wednesday 30th April 2014
Post by: Carrie Williams on April 29, 2014, 09:26:38 PM
I hope to be there but if I don't make it for 9.30 (school runs x 2) then I'll join you en route from the City/Penllyn side.
Title: Re: Mid Week Wednesday 30th April 2014
Post by: Paul Longthorn on April 30, 2014, 01:09:07 PM
Four out this morning. Terry, Carrie, Tom and myself. We made our way round what we thought was going to be a normal club run. But when we got to Llantwit Major we discovered the crowds were out in force to cheer us on, it was like the TDF closed roads. Then we found out the queen was due to visit. We had a cuppa in front of the Velo Cafe waiting HRH to pass. We got a little tired of waiingt and made our way to Atlantic College, where the Queen was due to visit. A Police Man told we had to move on or join the couple of dozen people in the college grounds. So after 5 min wait we got a great view of Her Royal Majesty just a couple of feet away.
Thanks guys enjoyed this morning and one to remember.



Title: Re: Mid Week Wednesday 30th April 2014
Post by: Tom on April 30, 2014, 01:47:50 PM
Yes it was nice of HRH to come out specially to see us this morning