My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 05, 2023, 09:18:39 PM

Title: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: Andy H on April 05, 2023, 09:18:39 PM
I'll be out to lead a ride this Sunday. Usual conditions, controlled pace, around 40 miles, at least one coffee stop.

See you at Backla for 9am

p.s. weather looking good, Factor 50 compulsory  ;D
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: RichardB on April 06, 2023, 02:55:17 PM
Thanks Andy. I’m planning to be out Sunday.
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: timandrew144 on April 07, 2023, 06:09:45 PM
I'll be out on Sunday. Can we make it a longer one so that I dont have to get involved in cooking the sunday dinner?? :) :)
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: Andy H on April 07, 2023, 08:30:08 PM
 https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/6147224

Ice cream in Swansea Marina, out via Fabian Way, home over Cimla

52 miles and if we make good time, detour to Porthcawl for 2nd coffee stop
 ;D
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: Tammy on April 08, 2023, 08:05:54 AM
Sounds good Andy - hoping to join if my knee isn’t playing up tomorrow.
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: carlos45 on April 08, 2023, 10:04:27 AM
I'll be out Sunday the extra bit around porthcawl sounds good 👍
Title: Re: Easter Sunday Social
Post by: Andy H on April 10, 2023, 03:02:50 PM
Eight of us out for an Easter Sunday spin, Mark R., Richard B., Carl, Scott, newbie Scott, Tammy, Tim and myself.

Despite the forecast it was cool and overcast leaving Brackla but having diven down from West Wales I knew condtions would improve. Headed out via Laleston and Cefn Coed y Cymmer to Margam, Harbour Way and over the Briton Ferry bridge. Followed the bike path and despite a bit of 'wanderlust' around Jersey Marine trying to find a non-existent route, got to the Marina for coffee. Mark R. saw the queues and made a quick turnaround and headed home.

The rest of us made our way over Bonymen and Skewen to Naeth and the climb over Cimla. Scott II was struggling (having not been on his bike for a while) so I peeled of with him and took the flatter route home.

Sun shone for most of the morning so far more enjoyable miles than we've done recently.