My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on January 25, 2023, 06:55:48 PM
-
It's that time of the year, again! Albeit a bit later in the year to announce the dates. In my defence the weather has been so miserable since before Christmas, I figured that delaying the events would hopefully allow them to run without a reduced risk of cancellation
My suggested dates are:-
RR1 Sunday 19th February
RR2 Sunday 5th March
RR3 Sunday 26th March
These dates avoid 'international' weekends, so no hangover excuses. If anybody knows of any other reasons for these dates not working, please let me know.
-
Was wondering why we hadn't had our annual 50mph winds.
-
Hi Andy, not necessarily a reason why these dates are a problem, but at the AGM we had a discussion about delaying the RRs until we had better weather on the basis that nobody races anymore, so they are not really a pre-season tester. It was suggested that we held them after the club trip to Majorca (3rd week in April) and I thought we had agreed that. We may even get away with summer kit then!
-
Hi Andy, not necessarily a reason why these dates are a problem, but at the AGM we had a discussion about delaying the RRs until we had better weather on the basis that nobody races anymore, so they are not really a pre-season tester. It was suggested that we held them after the club trip to Majorca (3rd week in April) and I thought we had agreed that. We may even get away with summer kit then!
Shows how much attention I paid, to the minutes of the AGM that Nigel sent out. I know we discussed having them later but not that we had discussed particular dates.
I'm happy to move dates back further into April/May, any other thoughts from members. We would have to consider the bank holidays Easter, May Day and Coronation Day which might see some people going away/enjoying the celebrations.
-
My view is reliability rides are something you do in the early spring, and bad weather, or the chance of it are part of the "fun". If it's a nice sunny day I'll have my coffee stop half way round. If it's cold with a bit of damp in the air, press on to the end; like in a reliability ride.
-
Sorry, I can’t find a copy of the AGM minutes to see if it was actually agreed or just discussed. Can anyone remember or have the minutes to hand?
-
Sorry, I can’t find a copy of the AGM minutes to see if it was actually agreed or just discussed. Can anyone remember or have the minutes to hand?
Rob, great, if you have a leisurely cafe stop we’ll have a chance of finishing in a similar time 😂
-
Oops, replied to my own message. Obviously meant as a reply to Rob