My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: lajames on April 21, 2014, 10:32:45 AM

Title: club midweeks
Post by: lajames on April 21, 2014, 10:32:45 AM
Just a reminder that the club midweeks will start in earnest on Thursday 1st May. Most club members know that their help in some form, eg. timekeeper marshall, pusher off etc is deemed necessary in at least 2 of the events, leaving them free to race the remainder therfore enabling them to have qualifying rides towards the midweek trophies. This is a huge help to those that constantly forgo their rides to keep this event going. Therfore we hope that this "tradition" remains and that new members will appreciate why we have the need for it.
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Andy H on April 21, 2014, 04:53:46 PM
Would it be possible to bring the 'turn' signs to the club night, this Friday. I can then do it on my way over next Thursday.

Don't worry if not, I'll make a point of picking them up on the way home Thursday and put them up following weeks.
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: lajames on April 21, 2014, 05:48:25 PM
yes. cheers Andy. Norman says he,ll fetch the signs you need on friday. thanks.
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: traine on April 23, 2014, 06:40:58 PM
Lynne. Until June (and perhaps into July) I shall not be racing on Thursdays but will hope to get my quota of 'help' in during that time as pusher off or turn marshal. As far as I know so far I am good for every Thursday.
Whilst in the lock up this Friday with Steve I should pick up the new Oggie flag. At the very least it is good for indicating wind direction !
Tim
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Hiett on April 30, 2014, 05:06:03 PM
Newbie needs more info please? Hoping to do this but can someone clarify details, time, exact location etc please? Thank you, Claire.
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Rob Jones on April 30, 2014, 05:14:32 PM
I'll try. Thursdays 1845 for 1901 start. Meet and start and finish at the laybys between st brides and wick on the b road. 10 mile out and back tt with turn at 1st rbt you get to (llantwit major). May be a couple of quid get to ride each week. Good fun
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Teresa on April 30, 2014, 05:55:22 PM
Also have a look at the website link  http://www.ogmorevalleywheelers.com/page23.html
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Hiett on April 30, 2014, 06:42:50 PM
Fab. Thank you.
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: xrayspecs on April 30, 2014, 07:28:13 PM
Good fun never get dropped and ideal for novices ( like me) a good chance to see some really good Tt riders in action .
Don't need a fancy bike I rode last years on my road bike.
And slightly addictive once you've done it a few times..
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Shawn on May 01, 2014, 12:21:45 PM
Improving  forecast for tonight. Fingers crossed for a dry run
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Andy H on May 01, 2014, 01:28:48 PM
Nobody seems to have mentioned the feeling that you get, of your heart trying to beat right out of your chest or the taste of rising bile as you make the final push to the line!

Or is that just me?  :-[
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: ron b on May 01, 2014, 04:06:16 PM
I get that when I warm up?
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: Neil Bartlett on May 01, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
Ron, I will be bring the signs from last weekends TT with me tonight!
Title: Re: club midweeks
Post by: ron b on May 03, 2014, 07:46:17 AM
I will pick up signs this weekend if poss?