My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on August 04, 2022, 07:20:32 PM
-
Hi All, weather looking good Sunday, sunny with just a light breeze.
As the weather is good we’ll head up the Bwlch. Up the Ogmore valley via Llangeinor, down towards Treorchy and across to Tonypandy, down the Ely Valley road to Llantrisant and home through Llanharan and Pencoed. I think it’ll be around 45 miles, so a little bit longer than our usual rides, I’ll post the exact route next day or so. Coffee stop in Tonypandy on recommendation from Chris G.
-
Nice see you in the morning
-
Awesome, it’s looking sunny so should be there for this one :D
-
Nice see you in the morning
Good, I'll need your help with some of the directions between the bottom of the Bwlch and Tonypandy!
-
Awesome, it’s looking sunny so should be there for this one :D
Yes great weather to be out on the bike, but there will be a fair bit of climbing :-)
-
So here's the route and surprisingly it only comes out at 41 miles but there is a fair bit of climbing, 2,566ft.
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/121784307
Brackla - Coity - Bryncethin - Llangeinor - Ogmore Vale - Nantymoel - Ton Pentre - Gelli - Llwynypia - Tonypandy - Penygraig - Williamstown - Tonyrefail - Coedely - Talbot Green - Llanharan - Pencoed - Home
The coffee stop will be in Clwb Coffi in Tonypandy after 22 miles, it is on Dunraven Street in the middle of Tonypandy
See you tomorrow.
-
Yes no problem for the directions, I might even do a loop around the coast when I get back to bridgend.
-
Five of us out this morning. Me, Carl, Tammy, Lee and Kevin (who has been out with the club some time but I have not ridden with before) Followed route as planned in great conditions for cycling and at a comfortable pace. First time stopping at Clwb Coffi in Tonapandy with prices Karl Walton would have enjoyed. Kevin peeled off Pencoed, I rode on to Bridgend leaving the others to go in search of extra miles round the coast.
I’m not around next week, I think Andy and Paul will still be absent, and Carl ad Tammy will not be out next Sunday either. So not sure what will happen next week.
See you all again soon.