My Community

General Category => Track Cycling => Topic started by: Paul Nicholas on June 22, 2022, 06:45:53 PM

Title: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Paul Nicholas on June 22, 2022, 06:45:53 PM
Hi all! The Club has kindly offered to subsidise the cost of a trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome in Newport, covering the cost of the Track hire, Bikes and coach. I'm proposing we visit on Sunday the 31st of July between 11am and 1pm. You will have to organise your own travel and also bring Gloves, Shoes with Look Cleats (There is shoe hire available I am going to check if it's included in the bike hire), Helmet, and wear a jersey that covers your shoulders. You can bring a towel (it can get quite hot), and something to drink or eat in between each session, I take my sunglasses too 8)

We have organised a couple of trips in the past which everyone has enjoyed, it is a great opportunity to ride the same boards as many of our top cyclists and Olympic champions. As we have not been for a long time we will book the session for beginners so you will not need any prior experience of track cycling making this a perfect opportunity to have a go at something new.

It will be suitable for all levels of cyclists in the club: Sunday Social, Chasers and Pacers, the coach on the day will be able to split us up based on ability so you will always be riding in a comfortable group. If you would like to attend please let me know by replying to this post.

Also feel free to ask any questions!
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Paul R on June 22, 2022, 07:06:56 PM
Thanks for organising the trip. I'd like to go.
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Steven on June 22, 2022, 07:12:06 PM
Yes please!
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Toestrapsteve on June 22, 2022, 08:31:14 PM
I'm away then but would recommend to anyone who can ride in a group ( and not afraid of heights 😉) great fun. Well done Paul
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Nige on June 23, 2022, 04:28:02 PM
yes please
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Reece0 on June 27, 2022, 07:19:01 AM
Pencil me in. 
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Richard L on June 27, 2022, 06:29:22 PM
Put my name on the list too please
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: RichardB on June 28, 2022, 09:25:47 PM
Yes please
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Tony M on June 30, 2022, 03:02:32 PM
Hi I'd like to come.
Title: Re: Trip to the Geraint Thomas National Velodrome
Post by: Paul Nicholas on July 05, 2022, 10:27:19 AM
Thanks for the responses, unfortunately, I was unable to secure the July 31st date. Working on booking another date preferably a Sunday around the same time. I'll post when I have more info.