My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on March 31, 2022, 06:35:17 PM

Title: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on March 31, 2022, 06:35:17 PM
I’ll be out again this weekend, weather looking good. I’ll post a route in the next day or so, it will be around 35 miles into the Vale with a coffee stop en route.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: Scott on March 31, 2022, 09:35:01 PM
See you there Richard👍🏼
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on March 31, 2022, 09:40:58 PM
Here's the route.

Brackla Coychurch Pencoed Pontyclun Miskin Hensol Pendoylan Welsh St Donats Aberthin Cowbridge Lantwit Major Wick St Brides Major Home. 34.48 miles and 1,286ft ascent.
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/97169954

Proposed coffee stop in Fredwell Cafe, as recommended by Dave W, which is on the road between Welsh St Donats and Aberthin, https://fredwell.cafe/

See you all Sunday, 9am prompt depart from Physique, wrap up warm for a chilly start.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: Tammy on April 01, 2022, 09:44:11 AM
Hi Richard,

I had every intention of joining this weekend but tested positive for Covid yesterday :-\ so its a no go for me.

I should be fine for next weekend though  :)

Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: xrayspecs on April 01, 2022, 09:56:02 AM
Can you access Fredwell via that road?
I think?? only via Llanquian road or A48 pant wilkin stables turn.
Might be worth checking with them.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on April 01, 2022, 02:00:39 PM
Can you access Fredwell via that road?
I think?? only via Llanquian road or A48 pant wilkin stables turn.
Might be worth checking with them.

Hi Chris I messaged them before posting the route and they said that both walkers and cyclists use that road that runs between Welsh St Donats and Aberthin. I couldn’t get Garmin connect to follow Llanquian road, it kept jumping straight across. It is Llanquian road that we will be using. We’ll find for sure on Sunday morning.

Thanks
Richard
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on April 01, 2022, 02:01:56 PM
Hi Richard,

I had every intention of joining this weekend but tested positive for Covid yesterday :-\ so its a no go for me.

I should be fine for next weekend though  :)
Oh no, get well soon. And hope you are recovered in time to join us next weekend. Best wishes
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: carlos45 on April 01, 2022, 08:21:31 PM
I'll be there this Sunday as well
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on April 02, 2022, 06:32:51 PM
Slight amendment for the route in the morning. From Welsh St Donats we’ll drop down Watery Lane and across to Aberthin and Cowbridge, with the coffee stop in Cowbridge somewhere.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: carlos45 on April 02, 2022, 07:22:07 PM
OK see you jn the morning.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: RichardB on April 03, 2022, 01:57:45 PM
Seven of us out from the start today, me, Chris, Rich L, Karl, newbie Dave, Scott and Carl. Rich L and Karl intending on riding with the group to Cowbridge and then looking for extra miles, which they did, taking Dave with them. The rest of us made for the coffee stop at the Hare and Hounds. From there we took a detour across to Llysworney and Colwinston and then on to St Donats and the lanes and back onto the Wick Road. Chris left us at Broughton and the rest of us pressed on through St Bride’s and home.
Enjoyable ride in good conditions. I’m still recovering from COVID so will be happy to take this group for the next couple of weeks. See you all next weekend.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: carlos45 on April 04, 2022, 07:11:01 PM
See you next week Richard and get we soon ,I enjoyed the Sunday route except that hill 👍
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: DaveS on April 05, 2022, 10:40:04 AM
Thanks for the ride everyone, and Richard for organising! Really enjoyed it and good to meet you all!!
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
Post by: Scott on April 05, 2022, 04:10:34 PM
Thanks Richard. I might be away this coming Sunday. If not, I'll be at Physique by 9.00 am. Cheers