My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on March 23, 2022, 08:18:23 AM

Title: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: RichardB on March 23, 2022, 08:18:23 AM
I’ll take a social ride group the next 2 weeks while Andy is in Mallorca. I think we may have few potential new members so this could be suitable for them. 30 miles steady pace with a coffee stop somewhere too. Will post exact route later in the week. Let me know if anyone is interested. 9am prompt depart from Physique in Brackla.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: Scott on March 24, 2022, 11:34:59 AM
Id like to join you if that is OK? Ill see you at 9.00am👍
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: RichardB on March 25, 2022, 08:16:26 AM
Id like to join you if that is OK? Ill see you at 9.00am👍

Yes, of course. Have you been out on a club ride previously? Get there before 9, we leave at 9 prompt.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: Scott on March 25, 2022, 09:14:14 AM
Hi again. yes, I went on a club ride a few years ago but my fitness at the time was rubbish.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: RichardB on March 25, 2022, 06:28:12 PM
Here’s the route for Sunday, it actually works out about 35 miles. But we’ll drop into Cowbridge for a coffee to break that up, we’ll try the Hare and Hounds.
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/96311704
Brackla Ewenny Ogmore Southerndown St Brides Monknash St Donats Llantwit Boverton Eglws Brewis St Athan New Barn Llanmaes Siginstone Cowbridge Aberthin Llansannor City Llangan Treoes Home
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: carlos45 on March 26, 2022, 02:31:16 PM
Hello I'd like to join as well please
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: RichardB on March 26, 2022, 03:52:15 PM
Hello I'd like to join as well please
No probs, get to Physique in Brackla before 9 for prompt depart at 9.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: carlos45 on March 26, 2022, 04:10:29 PM
OK no problem thank you see you in the morning.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: RichardB on March 27, 2022, 01:15:57 PM
Five of us out this morning - me, Karl, a second appearance for Carl after debuting on RR2, Scott who has ridden with us previously and newbie Tammy.
Very enjoyable leisurely ride this morning in good conditions, a bit chilly first thing but bright and sunny. Followed the route as planned with the coffee stop in the Hare and Hounds. Kept together well as a group with me Karl and Scott mainly on the front. Thanks all.
I’ll be happy to lead another social ride next Sunday with similar distance. See you all next weekend.
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: carlos45 on March 27, 2022, 05:07:30 PM
I'll be up for next Sunday I'm planning a Tuesday and Thursday evening ride this week as well ,see you all Sunday and thank you for today enjoyed after I got my breath back
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: Scott on March 27, 2022, 06:08:21 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for your company and the friendly welcome today. Hopefully we will be back from Pembey early enough to catch you all again next weekend.

Just got to figure out how to get my username changed now......
Title: Re: Sunday Social Ride 27 March
Post by: Bob.F on March 27, 2022, 09:24:46 PM
If my shoulder doesn't fall apart again, I hope to be there!