My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: geoffh on February 01, 2022, 07:31:21 PM

Title: Close pass
Post by: geoffh on February 01, 2022, 07:31:21 PM
Earlier today I was the victim of an extremely close pass, dangerously so, and evidently deliberate, just after negotiating the Llantwit by-pass main roundabout at about 12.45.

This was a CA05 plate, small silver car, Corsa/Micra or somesuch which had been at the RaB entry from Llantwit town as I passed through; I visually checked to ensure its wheels were still before passing through to exit the RaB towards Wick. Next thing he's alongside, foot on the floor, only millimetres from me and off up the Wick Rd.

Anyone else had experience of this individual? He's out there.

Cheers
Title: Re: Close pass
Post by: Dave W on February 01, 2022, 08:34:20 PM
Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere on the road. On my commute I ride with a rear camera.. In the last 6 months reported 40 vehicles and nearly all of them have been taken on by the police.

With the highway code changes this week that has stirred up more unnecessary hatred to cyclists
Title: Re: Close pass
Post by: xrayspecs on February 02, 2022, 08:27:40 AM
What camera are you using Dave? Is it frame mounted?
Title: Re: Close pass
Post by: Dave W on February 02, 2022, 09:18:52 AM
https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/fly6ce/

Mounts on the seat post