My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Steven on December 29, 2021, 11:54:44 AM
-
This year I am going to ask you two questions so I am giving you more time to prepare!
Q1. What was your annual mileage for 2021?
Q2. What was your Adjusted Total Mileage for 2021? This is a new concept because the ATM is where the real money is! (see what I did there?). For mileage on gravel, add 25% and for mileage on turbo, subtract 25% ( you know you can't go that fast really...)
To use my mileage so far as an example;
Annual mileage 9364
of which
Gravel 2167 x 1.25= 2708 (+541)
Turbo 226 x 0.75 = 169 (-57)
Adjustment = 484
ATM = 9848 miles.
I will be interested to see what difference it makes to your mileage!
-
Ha, I like it! I’ll get calculating. Currently on for 8,700 in total. I won’t get so much of an uplift for gravel as I’m sure my mileage will be at best half yours but I’ve probably only down about 50 miles on the turbo….
-
Still 2 days of 2021 left, with the opportunity to add as much as 10 miles to my annual total!
By the way, what sort of discount would the ATM calculator allow for miles ridden uphill into a headwind (all of mine it seems like)?
I'll check in later, when I've thought up some excuses for my poor total.
Cheers.
-
Here we go:
My total actual miles = 8615
Gravel miles 476 x 1.25 = 595 (Adjustment +119)
Turbo miles 56 x 0.75 = 42 (Adjustment - 14)
ATM 8720 miles
My best year ever (by over 600 miles). A tough total for me to better next year!
-
the final ride of the year for me today 73.9miles to hit my target of 12,500miles
733 hrs -275 active days - 512 rides
longest ride 235.9miles
shall look forward to seeing what everyone else has done and what your plans are for the following year?
always fun to see everyone's yearly mileage and December is not the best month to try and up the mileage to make your target.
here's to looking forward to a more normal year in 2022 without all these restrictions and people in and out of isolation
Happy new year everyone.
-
Just a few more miles to add;
Actual 9430
ATM 9920
Another record year!
-
Steven, you missed a key statistic - Elevation gained :D
-
My actual miles = 12,023 with 747,789 ft of climbing
Road miles 6995
Gravel miles 3150 x 1.25 = 3937 (Adjustment +787)
Turbo miles 1878 x 0.75 = 1408 (Adjustment - 470)
ATM 12,340 miles
Best year to date by a long way!
-
Hope everybody had a good Christmas, and Santa granted all your wishes. The space I had reserved under the tree for that festively gift-wrapped Emonda SLR9 finished in Sapphire Chrome was conspicuously vacant!
Meanwhile, I completed my final ride of 2021 yesterday for a total of 2172.5 miles, all outdoors on local roads.
A Happy New Year to all. Hoping that 2022 brings better times and all your plans come to fruition - anyone up for the WCA 12 this season - it's the RTTC National Championship I believe?
Cheers