My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Dave W on December 03, 2021, 03:45:54 PM

Title: Pacers sun 5th Dec
Post by: Dave W on December 03, 2021, 03:45:54 PM
I'm away for the next 2 weekends.
Please post your intentions to ride here.

Title: Re: Pacers sun 5th Dec
Post by: RobC on December 03, 2021, 06:10:04 PM
I plan to be out. I also have another flat route[1] I can post, if no one else comes up with anything.

[1] Yes, this is a threat.
Title: Re: Pacers sun 5th Dec
Post by: RobC on December 04, 2021, 07:49:29 AM
Here we are then.

09:30 start

Aberdare loop anti-clockwise with some flourishes; Maesteg, Ystradfelte, Ynysybwl. 80 miles. Not all flat. Coffee in Aberdare, probably. GPX attached for download.

https://www.komoot.com/tour/571224113
Title: Re: Pacers sun 5th Dec
Post by: Reece0 on December 04, 2021, 02:31:34 PM
Can’t make it Sunday.  Wrap up warm ❄️
Title: Re: Pacers sun 5th Dec
Post by: RobC on December 05, 2021, 04:51:43 PM
With the Omicron variant of lazyitis sweeping Bridgend and its environs it was perhaps no surprise only two pacers made it to Brackla this morning. Paul and I were lucky to be joined by the Chamblers elite squad of Karl and Richard L for the first leg out through Maesteg and Pontrhydyfen.

Team Chambler were both in the middle of high torque, high power training blocks and  ditched the twiddly climbers at Neath, leaving us to twiddle north on the rolling roads through Tonna and Resolven. The smooth, quiet road to Glyneath was a nice opportunity to enjoy the sunshine before the road climbed out of Pontneddfechan and onto the gentle undulations around Ystradfelte.

Coffee (and toastie) stop at Bradley’s in Aberdare was very welcome before Paul turned the screw on the climb out of Mountain Ash to Ynysybwl leading to an emergency Lucozade and Twix stop in Pontypridd for 50% of us.

Usual pootle back through Llantrisant before disbanding at Pencoed.

Chairman W will still be on holiday next week. I’m having my lazyitis booster and might not make it. Ride suggestions for next Sunday very welcome.