My Community

General Category => Coaching & Training => Topic started by: Steven on April 08, 2014, 07:34:12 AM

Title: The rules of the Velominati - day 1
Post by: Steven on April 08, 2014, 07:34:12 AM

I have been reading and following in the ways of the velominati for longer than I can remember but only now has the book brought it to life.  I know there is one other follower in OVW  (Allan and I had a detailed discussion on Rule #5 a couple of weeks ago).  At the risk of breaching copyright, this week will see small summaries and important rules released every day.

Rule #1 - obey the rules
Rule #2  - Lead by example
Rule #3 - Guide the uninitiated
Rule #4 - It's all about the bike .  Illustrated when post race, Sean Kelly's wife leant something against their car. He protested and she said 'you think more about that car than me'. 'No, you've got it wrong, it's the bike, then the car, then you!'   I hope this (tongue in cheek) illustration helps.
Rule #5 - The single most important rule, which you will spend many hours contemplating whilst riding. You need to be more deeply initiated before I can share it with you!
Rule #6 - Free your mind and your legs will follow
Rule #7  Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp !
Rule #8  Saddles, bars and tyres shall be carefully matched...

more tomorrow...
Title: Re: The rules of the Velominati - day 1
Post by: Chris Tasker on April 10, 2014, 08:57:50 PM
Good post Steven, The Rules site is well worth a look, the list is constantly added to as well.

X=n+1 and X=s-1 are the most important obviously!

Chris
Title: Re: The rules of the Velominati - day 1
Post by: ron b on April 10, 2014, 09:51:59 PM
The effects of "Chain ganging" can be long term and affects riders in different ways, seek specialist help.