My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Steven on July 11, 2021, 02:22:49 PM
-
Out today were Dave & Keith, Nigel, Paul, Reece, newbie Greg and I. Nice roll out with the Chasers and then over Pentyrch to attack Caerphilly Mountain from the Castell Coch side. Fair do's to Dave, he'd planned a hilly route and if there was such a thing as a Tandem KOM, him and Keith would have nailed it.
We then skirted Cardiff where we got lost a few times due to the fact that someone had built some housing estates since we were last there. Fortunately, Greg's encyclopaedic knowledge of Cardiff construction sites came in useful. We dropped down through Marshfield and across the barrage, where I recognised a cyclist who was on a 5000 mile round Britain ride! I said to him that I recognised him from the Isle of Wight a month ago and he said he had been to Land's End and back since and had completed about 2,500 miles!
We then stopped at Y Melin, the new bakery in Penarth Marina. The pastries here are excellent and the coffee will be once the machine is installed! A bit of a rapid trip back through the Vale and just back in time to keep the new bike dry.
Thanks everyone for a great morning out!