My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on April 05, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

Title: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: Teresa on April 05, 2014, 03:52:37 PM
Good luck to all the Oggies riding this event tomorrow.
Finger and toes are crossed that the weather is kind to you.
Title: Re: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: marknott on April 06, 2014, 04:30:24 PM
Hi All,

Teresa I wish you were right.!!!

Weather conditions were awful. Strong headwind and driving rain for approx. 14 miles to the turn, basically.

I had to fight with the bike to keep it on the road !!! Seriously.

Approx. half of the field of 125 were DNS,some riders saying due of the weather conditions ???

The result sheet was very difficult to decipher but I think Keiron Davies maybe the Winner with a 49....?

I achieved a PB of 59.45 only 4 secs but happy with that considering the conditions.

Norman raced but I`m afraid his time was not up by the time I left.

Cheers !

Title: Re: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: Teresa on April 06, 2014, 07:32:23 PM
Results in already

49.25 winning time by Keiron Davies

Only 2 Ogmore finishers - Well done to both Mark and Norman on an 'orrible day

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88608
Title: Re: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: Tom on April 06, 2014, 08:06:56 PM
Those Guernsey people are all fast aren't they-you'd have thought Guernsey was too small to practice going that fast.Well done to Mark and Norman
Title: Re: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: Rob Jones on April 06, 2014, 09:23:28 PM
Mark you beat the late Chris Matthews...I tell you he's no slouch! Great ride sir.
Title: Re: R25/3L Realtime TT 06.04.14
Post by: marknott on April 06, 2014, 10:21:23 PM
Thanks Gents.

Rob,

I actually spoke with him before the race and he said he`s a 57 minute man on that course !!!

All good experience, looking forward to improving as the season unfolds.

Cheers,

Mark.