My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 05, 2014, 10:29:18 AM

Title: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Andy H on April 05, 2014, 10:29:18 AM
Weather forecast pretty miserable for tomorrow, will keep an eye on forecast and suggest a route later.

Likely options are Swansea marina or if weather looks more promising, follow the Amblers to Tonyrefail then go Rhondda Fach, Blaenllechau, Pontypridd, Pencoedcae
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th July
Post by: Tom on April 05, 2014, 10:38:08 AM
Nothing like planning ahead Andy but I'd assumed most club members would be in Sheffield that day!I've negotiated a spot on the floor of my daughter's flat
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Andy H on April 05, 2014, 11:34:03 AM
Oops, date corrected!!  :-[
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Andy H on April 05, 2014, 06:50:02 PM
Take your pick, bring your wellies!

http://connect.garmin.com/course/6147224

or

http://connect.garmin.com/course/6147357
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Jason T on April 05, 2014, 08:08:35 PM
If I make it out tomorrow I'll go with whichever group heads to Talbot Green, I'll peel off at Coed-Ely (Amblers) or Porth (Pacers).

It's the Tour of Flanders after all, I must ensure I'll be back for 11:00.

Cobble Classics with Paris-Roubaix next weekend :D
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Rob Jones on April 05, 2014, 08:55:41 PM
If I make it out tomorrow I'll go with whichever group heads to Talbot Green, I'll peel off at Coed-Ely (Amblers) or Porth (Pacers).

It's the Tour of Flanders after all, I must ensure I'll be back for 11:00.

Cobble Classics with Paris-Roubaix next weekend :D

 8)
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Rob Jones on April 05, 2014, 09:00:15 PM
Luv the big classics...more respect for winner than any stage race, TT or track event. Proper all round determined hardnuts win the classics!
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Jason T on April 05, 2014, 09:11:11 PM
There was one interview where I seem to recall riders stating that it can take something like 5 to 14 days to recover from the Roubaix Cobbles  :o

Brutal
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Rob Jones on April 06, 2014, 09:26:32 PM
Can we have a report of the pacers ride to Swansea marina? If you made it back dry then you did well as it was monsoonal around swansea from about 12.45
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: xrayspecs on April 06, 2014, 09:30:47 PM
Andy Majorca legs harries dragged me to Swansea and back.
Simples.
Dry apart from one or two spots of rain .
Title: Re: Pacers Sunday 6th April
Post by: Andy H on April 06, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
and quick service in the cafe.   :D