My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Paul Longthorn on April 04, 2014, 11:46:56 AM
-
Weather looks to be a little wet at times so some hills should warm us up.
Brackla - Coychurch - Penceod - Brynna - Llanharran - Tabot Green. Turn left up to the forestry just after the Fire station. This will bring you out on the A4119 Ely Valley Road. At this point turn left toward Gilfach Goch - Blackmill. Llangeinor mountain - Llangeinor - Betws - Shwt - Measteg - Brynn- Afon Valley Rd - Port Talbot - Margam - Water Lane -Porthcawl - Three Steps Hill A48 - New Inn Road passed Merthyrmawr - Ewenny. Cafe Stop home.
Sunday Requirements - Optional pollution mask. Rain cape may be needed for a small shower. Estimated 45 - 50 miles.
-
Excellent route Paul-I can see you're yearning for those Mallorcan hills!I'm hoping to join you but weather forecast not promising.In any event I may want to spend the day with my head under the duvet after this afternoon's inevitable coup de grace from Pulis's men
-
Thanks Tom. When I posted the route I don't think the weather forecast had up dated correctly. Maybe a good idea to ride the proposed another week, as it looks like rain most of the morning. I think the Saturday morning route could be a better option. Thoughts anyone?
-
Paul, I'm happy to go with the route as originally proposed irrespective of the weather.
-
Yes i would be interested in doing the proposed route as well. Lets hope forecast is wrong for tomorrow.
-
I WON'T BE GOING OVER THE TOPS IF THE WEATHER IS AS BAD AS FORECAST-THEY MAY BE WRONG THOUGH!i'LL GO ROUND sAT ROUTE LATER IF THE CONCENSUS IS TO DO THE ORIGINAL ROUTE(ha!Dratted caps lock!)
-
Amblers rebel group! I think we followed Pauls original route! It's all a bit of a blur now :-) Good ride, started with 10 but splits on the way. All too much for some eh? ;). Total for me 56 miles and 4022ft. Who needs Majorca ?
-
Yes as Tony said the Amblers split into to groups. One rode the posted route, and the other which included Tom, Lawrence, Roy, Andrew Fostet and Myself followed the Saturday Morning ride, more of an easy option and a easyer pace. We managed to stay dry and stopped in Cowbridge for a Cuppa. 45 Miles for me.
Same time next week
-
Good option for me today Paul-thanks for the company all.I'm away for the next few weeks(off next Sunday)so I'll see you in Sunny May for my next club run!
-
Thank you Paul,Tom,Andrew and Lawrence for your patience today and see you next week.
-
Goodride today , Terry was fly
ing on the hills weather was kind to us only the last half mile did it rain.
-
The 'rebel' group started with 8 although Jason was always planning to split to watch the Tour of Flanders. Remaining 7 - Tony M, Stephen C, Chris R, Richard B, Jonathan, Wayne, Terry - covered the original suggested route until Laleston before fragmenting for home. Weather much better than forecast with only a few spots of rain and moderate wind and a good, enjoyable ride had by all (I think) with only 1 flat (Wayne) to interrupt the flow.