My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on September 16, 2020, 08:51:57 PM

Title: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: Ben on September 16, 2020, 08:51:57 PM
I will be out on Sunday for a club run.
A gentle pootle with coffee at Cafe Velo. Weather is looking like it will be nice.

Here we go. Be good to meet some of the new riders.

https://www.strava.com/routes/2741401473150310364
Title: Re: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: geoffh on September 17, 2020, 04:44:05 PM
Looks like a nice Amble, Ben.
 
Shan't be with you myself, unfortunately - still hors de combat some three weeks after my stack in Cowbridge, with another 3-4 weeks to go, with antibiotics (now completed) and frequent dressing changes.
 
Fingers crossed for as rapid a return as possible.
 
Currently spending my time watching the Tour coverage and drooling over new bike catalogues.

See you soon as, cheers.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: Ben on September 17, 2020, 10:02:00 PM
Hope to see you soon Geoff. I've been pouring over the bike catalogues after killing my Giant. But a new frame is on it's way. Next to choose from a Gravel/Cross/Mtb bike :D Decisions decisions.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: Vic C on September 18, 2020, 07:48:13 AM
I came off the bike 2 weeks ago and injured my back, done a couple of rides this week to test the back but on Sunday I am doing the 'Great Western Ride' - 57+ miles Bristol to Weston Super Mare via the Mendips for Charity. See how that goes but will be back the following Sunday for sure.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: Ben on September 18, 2020, 01:21:53 PM
Don't worry Vic. We'll take it easy anyway. I'm just happy to be out on the bike again. Not done a huge amount recently after breaking my bike
Title: Re: Amblers ride 20th September
Post by: SarahC on September 20, 2020, 08:24:28 AM
Morning all...so I woke up coughing. I don't think I have COVID, but given what's going on with lockdowns I'm not going to come to the club run this morning just in case - I don't want to put anyone else at risk.. I don't have any way of letting anyone know other than the forums so hoping that someone sees this and you don't wait for me!