My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Steven on September 15, 2020, 06:23:23 PM

Title: Rear lights
Post by: Steven on September 15, 2020, 06:23:23 PM
Has anyone got a recommendation for a rear light which does not fail after repeated soakings?  The longest I have had one last is 6 months. 
Must be small and rechargeable..

Thanks in anticipation!
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: Bob.F on September 16, 2020, 07:05:49 AM
Have a look at Blackburn lights.  I've been very impressed with mine.  Think in all honesty I preferred the battery version, just seemed to go forever.
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: xrayspecs on September 16, 2020, 02:49:32 PM
Ive got the exposure trace ones small and usb charger; survived everything. My previous exposure is still going strong.
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: Nige on September 16, 2020, 06:08:19 PM
cat eye rapid mini, i have 2 off these about 2-3 years old and still work great and bright too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CatEye-CA475RAPMIN-Lights-Reflectors-Cycling/dp/B01I4193PY/ref=sr_1_4?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Cycling+Lights+%26+Reflectors&qid=1600275941&refinements=p_89%3ACatEye&s=cycling&sr=1-4&ts_id=550001011
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: Ben on September 16, 2020, 08:54:02 PM
I've had one of these for the last 3 years. Commuted a lot in all weather's and it's still going strong

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/lezyne-laser-drive-250-rear-light/11309701.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&shoppingpid=ATM10_270418_&&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000051674281&gclid=CjwKCAjw74b7BRA_EiwAF8yHFPwUSJQb7t0zWsBIwR1SygaqfPeba2XtoxJ-WQDHsO957-P579PMZxoClQcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: Steven on September 17, 2020, 07:56:50 AM
Thanks all, some great advice here!
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: RobC on September 18, 2020, 09:24:46 AM
I use this on my mountain bike in all weathers. About 2 years old. Often has to be washed because it's caked in mud. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-zecto-alert-drive-led-rear-light
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: xrayspecs on September 18, 2020, 10:59:18 AM
I've had the Cateye ones as well; indestructible, the attachment on the other 3 mentioned is easier to change between bikes.
Title: Re: Rear lights
Post by: Greg B on September 18, 2020, 08:55:52 PM
I’ve used the cayeye rapid x2 kinetic since 2016 and the exposure trace, but the best one to date has been the garmin varia (expensive but great for solo rides)