My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on September 11, 2020, 11:55:35 AM

Title: Chasers 13 September
Post by: RichardB on September 11, 2020, 11:55:35 AM
Hi All, I'll post a route for Sunday later. Like the pacers I'd also been thinking Bwlch as the weather is looking ok on Sunday. So probably out to Pencoed and back over Heol y Cyw common, up the Ogmore Valley, down the Afan with a coffee stop in Remos. I'll work something up around 55 to 60 miles for us.
Title: Re: Chasers 13 September
Post by: RichardB on September 12, 2020, 09:38:27 AM
Slight change of plan, the weather is looking good Sunday, warm with sunny intervals and moderate breeze. So let’s make the most of the weather and go with the Bwlch Rhigos Neath Valley route, about 60 miles with a bit of climbing.

https://www.strava.com/routes/14048708

Can stop in Moruzzi’s in Neath again or stop later in Remos,
Title: Re: Chasers 13 September
Post by: Bob.F on September 12, 2020, 10:59:50 PM
*Sigh* On the good news front, my bike is fixed, the bad news is I can't get to it till Tuesday!

I need a better plan than, "When I win the lottery I..........."
Title: Re: Chasers 13 September
Post by: RichardB on September 13, 2020, 04:15:19 PM
Five of us out for a steady chasers ride today. The weather was warm and dry but blustery with the sun making an appearance later in the ride. Out today were
Richard Bowmer
Richard Lewis
Adrian Lewis
Lee Stoneham
And a welcome return to James Criddle

Followed route as planned cycling into the wind up much of the Bwlch and Rhigos. We then took an early coffee stop at MacDonalds in Cwmgwrach with Adrian and James both going for the burger and chips option with their coffees. And an opportunity for Lee to fix some electrical shifting issues. Worked as a group down the Neath Valley and then longer turns on the front from me and Richard Lewis. The group finally broke up as we approached Margam with me Rich and Lee pushing on.

Enjoyable ride today, see you all again next week.