My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Steven on August 27, 2020, 09:05:16 PM
-
Has anyone got any suggestions or are we teaming up with the Amblers?
-
route for sunday
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33926244
bwlch rhigos devils elbow coffee stop at the bottom - crynant neath and back home
roughly 86miles
who's coming out???
-
I’ve got a charity ride sat and sunday supporting some friends so cant make it this weekend sorry, have a good ride weather looks ok
-
I’ll be there
-
Me too, go easy on me - 0900 start?
-
Yes 9am start.it's not winter yet and this isn't a special ride :D
-
I'm planning to ride Sunday.
-
Can I try to hang onto your back wheels just as far as the Bwlch? I know my way back from there.
-
Absolutely!, I shall be hanging out the back as well...
-
i will be out
-
Thanks for the company today A good way for me to get stronger 😃
-
In the Pacers group today was Dave, Paul, Reece, Nigel and I. Denise joined us for the climb of the Bwlch from Nantymoel and looked comfortable before she turned off to Port Talbot. Then we went over the Rhigos and Dave showed us a short cut beyond Penderyn which appeared to have not been used since Roman times! We then headed north through some spectacular countryside and up the Devil's Elbow, a first for me. Dave had warned us the Cafe was at 50 miles so we continued north and I was convinced a 'Welcome to Scotland' sign would appear at any moment. We stopped at the Welsh Rabbit/Rarebit centre where we saw Harpo and Keith who had used a combination of car and gravel bike to beat us to the cafe.
Needing the calories, I had a rarebit, carrot cake and coffee, in the hope that we had done the majority of the climbing. This was largely true as the next 20 miles appeared to be all downhill, with us touching 50mph at one point! We got abused by some blokes in a car and just before I was going to tell them where to get off- I realised it was Harpo! A second cafe stop at Neath and some wind assistance to get home.
Longest ride, most climbing, fastest max of the year for me and an average over 17mph. Thanks to the guys and to Dave for a great day out!
-
Thanks for the write up Steve,
Good ride today ;D