My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Nige on August 26, 2020, 05:13:30 PM
-
Any volunteers to take the amblers group this weekend?
I have had a few potential new members wanting to know, 1 lady is interested this weekend if amblers are out.
-
Hi Nige,
I'm planning to show my face this weekend, I'll be more than happy to lead an Amblers ride
Andy H
-
I am looking at becoming a member and would appreciate the opportunity of joining you for a ride.
-
Hi Vic,
Come along Sunday, we'll see who else is around and set a route according to the abilities. Usual Amblers ride would be around 30 miles with an average speed around 15-16mph BUT this is dependent on who is riding and IMPORTANTLY nobody gets left behind.
Hope you can make it, it's a 9:00 am start from outside Physiques gym in Brackla. CF31 2LL
Andy Harries
-
Thanks Andy, I do use an ebike as I am recovering from total knee replacements surgery and registered disabled, but as a forces veteran I don't want to give up.
-
From what I've seen/read about ebikes you'll probably not have any problem keeping up!!
-
Thanks Andy,
I have been chatting with Vic and a couple of others that are interested in joining and would like to try amblers before taking the step into the chasers.
See you all sunday.
-
Hi, Good afternoon/evening. Hoping the weather is good for Sunday as I would very much to join you for an "amblers" ride. Membership has been on hold due to 2020 being such a sh..... strange year!
-
Forecast looks decent, sunny if a little cool to start with. Gentle breeze and very low risk of rain.
Hope you can make it Sunday
-
I'm hoping to make it out tomorrow, it's been a long time; is there a proposed route or a preferred coffee stop? Hope to see you in the morning. Cheers.
-
Thank you to all who were there. Had a fantastic time, even being dropped on every climb just gave me more incentive to train harder, lose more weight, and keep going.
Loved every minute of it. Can't wait to do it again!
Thanks again.
-
Eight riders out with the Amblers starting on a bright crisp morning, which turned into a warm sunny day.
Four new riders, Sarah, Vic, Bob and Nick join four regular club riders, Ade, Geoff, Paul L and myself.
Route took us through Langan, Llanharry and Pontyclun then via Miskin, Hensol and Welsh St Donats to Cowbridge. Everybody decided they were enjoying it enough to take the longer option planned so we headed to Llantwit Major, where Cafe Velo was rammed so we tried Cafe Unwined and sat in the sun. Geoff had taken a tumble after we had regrouped, at one point and went home to clean up his wounds. Hope all is well, with you and the bike!
Made our way home along the coast road to finish off a good morning.
Great conditions for riding on quiet roads, at least for the first half of the ride and the group stayed together.
See you next Sunday
-
Pleasant return to group riding despite my mishap. Thanks for company and ride leadership, see you all next time.
-
Thanks for the warm welcome and enjoyable ride everyone. Enjoyed the company, hope Geoff is okay, bit of skin missing on a low speed impact, sorry for standing on your bike Geoff, it was either that or land on top of you and I am a big fella and would have squashed the life out of you :D.
2 things learnt, don't overdress (I was cold lol) and bring money.
See you all again soon.
-
Thanks Vic (et al), you were otherwise unscathed yourself I trust. Back in the saddle soon, hopefully, and looking forward to the next time.
-
I saw you all heading towards Cowbridge. I was up late and then Clair decided on Porthkerry park. Maybe if I'd come with you lot my bike wouldn't be dead now :-[