My Community
General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Steven on April 01, 2014, 08:19:50 AM
-
7pm - all welcome...
-
See ya later. The ladies will be in attendance.
-
I'll be there. Need to find some form after getting ill in Majorca. No heroics from me tonight. Will be hanging on.
-
Davey
Did that stop you getting the miles in or missing out on a round the island ride?
-
Stopped me doing any real form of training, managed a few longish rides at a very sedate pace but that was a struggle.
-
Close to 20 turned up tonight. Racers (led by Davey), Pacers (Andy) and Amblers(Teresa). I survived the Racers with a time of 49.40. Winter chaingang and Mallorca has certainly helped me get some 4 mins faster than I normally am at this stage of the year...
Pacers and Amblers - do tell us your stories !
-
Pacers lost a couple on the way round and we were rudely interrupted by a couple of cars but I am reliably informed, despite this we did a 53:40
-
Generally pretty smooth run tonight, started out with fairly conservative 1st lap then gradually increased intensity.
As Shawn said interrupted by a couple of cars, then thinned out a bit on lap 6 when the pace picked up and around in 53:40
-
I thought we were the pacers (intermediate group). No wonder no one seemed very keen to join Davey at the start.
-
A good night for the ladies. Sian was on her first time out with the chaingang, Claire's times are improving on each outing, Ceri went further than she has been on the chaingang, and my times were the same as last time, despite the slight headwind.
-
Bit of a rogue element to my Mapmyride but still nearly 8 miles which is my P.B, slow and steady makes for a happy hip!