My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on January 09, 2020, 09:16:04 PM

Title: Amblers 12th January 9.30 start
Post by: Ben on January 09, 2020, 09:16:04 PM
9.30 start still. Weather is looking OK. As there was a few new riders last week we'll take a trundle to Cafe Velo via Ogmore. Then decide from there.
Title: Re: Amblers 12th January 9.30 start
Post by: DanLynn7 on January 10, 2020, 01:25:42 PM
I wont be there this week guys as I'm fitting new flooring in my house, will try my best to get there for next week :)
Title: Re: Amblers 12th January 9.30 start
Post by: Ben on January 12, 2020, 08:07:13 AM
Rain is rather heavy here. Dont fancy being soaked before I get anywhere so I'm staying in until it eases off.
Title: Re: Amblers 12th January 9.30 start
Post by: geoffh on January 12, 2020, 02:29:31 PM
On a dreary morning which turned into an improving day, there were two Amblers out this morning, myself and new member Tom who had his first outing a couple of weeks ago. Ben's target had been Café Velo, so we did the Tuesday route on increasingly gravelly lanes with a couple of lakes to navigate en route. It was actually sunny when we got to Llantwit, where Tom and I went our separate ways. By chance crossed with Chris G (riding solo) on my way home and exchanged a cheery wave.
Turned into a better ride out than expected, albeit somewhat shorter than usual - see you next time.
Title: Re: Amblers 12th January 9.30 start
Post by: Ben on January 12, 2020, 03:53:59 PM
Thanks Geoff. Hopefully the weather is better next weekend.