My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on January 01, 2020, 09:29:10 PM

Title: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Ben on January 01, 2020, 09:29:10 PM
Looking relatively dry but chilly this Sunday. So I shall be out I'll think of a route later this week. 9.30 start don't forget.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Chopper1967 on January 02, 2020, 06:49:17 PM
Hoping to join you this week Ben.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Nige on January 03, 2020, 09:49:07 AM
Happy new year. 2020 club fees are due (at £25, what an absolute snip to be an Oggie!!!!.) ,Please note a new membership form should be submitted each year. The forms have been updated and my address and contact email is on the bottom of it. The form can be found on the website,click about us then how to join and then on that page is the link to the PDF document.

You can email these to me,drop off on Friday club nights or I can collect on the Sunday club rides.
thanks
Nige
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: geoffh on January 04, 2020, 01:22:53 PM
Hi Ben, I'm planning to be out tomorrow (1st time for a while, I know). 0830 departure from Llantwit? Cheers.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: DanLynn7 on January 04, 2020, 02:21:50 PM
Hi all, looking to join the club and came along to the club meeting last night in Coity. I will be there in the morning  :)
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Ben on January 04, 2020, 03:45:10 PM
Hi Geoff. Yes 8.30 from Llantwit.

Hi Dan. Hope we do see you in the morning. We leave Physiques in Brackla at 9.30.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Teresa on January 04, 2020, 03:55:01 PM
Just some general info about club runs

https://www.ogmorevalleywheelers.com/club-rides
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Jo on January 04, 2020, 05:04:07 PM
Hi Ben, I will be out and hopefully a tad faster then last week 🙈
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Tom on January 04, 2020, 06:31:29 PM
Do oyu know where you're going Ben-I will look out for you if I'm not there at 9.30
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Ben on January 04, 2020, 06:44:39 PM
It will either be round the Ogmore coast to Llantwit or past Margam park to Porthcawl
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Carrie H on January 04, 2020, 06:48:19 PM
Hi Nick H & myself hope to be out too.
I am fairly slow at present but trying to improve!
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Darren Eds on January 04, 2020, 07:24:35 PM
Hi ben looking to meet up tomorrow first outing if possible and pick up a membership form
See you in the morning.

 

Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Ben on January 04, 2020, 08:19:17 PM
That's great Darren. I'll ask Nigel if he can bring some forms along.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Tom on January 04, 2020, 08:38:14 PM
Thanks Ben=may see you-will be out but not early if it's v cold!I still owe you taxi money so must catch up with you soon
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: DanLynn7 on January 05, 2020, 09:39:15 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the late message but as I was doing my pre-ride checks, noticed I had a problem with my front derailleur and couldn't wrap my head around whats gone wrong. Gutted as I was looking forward to this morning!
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Darren Eds on January 05, 2020, 12:50:13 PM
Hi ben thanks for the ride today sorry it was cut short but you haven't killed me off yet. So will be back next week  hope you all enjoyed the coffee.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Ben on January 05, 2020, 08:43:20 PM
Glad you got home safe Darren. You did well today. The weather was horrible.
Dan don't worry about it. We'll be out next week on a slightly easier route I think it was surprisingly hard work today.

7 of us today. Myself, Geoff, Roy, Nick and Carrie H, Chris and new rider Darren. The route was over to Porthcawl via Fountains lane and past Wigglies. The hills weren't kind and the Fountains lane hill always gets forgotten about until you're half way up. It stayed dry until about 3 minutes after starting to ride. Then the rain was off and on. Getting worse on the descent past Margam. Where, unfortunately, Darren had a puncture. Nick, Roy and myself turned back to see if he needed any help. But he got a lift home from his wife. I think he was the sensible one.
From there we all headed to Broomwagon with the rain easing off again once we got to the outskirts of Porthcawl. Nick took Carrie and Chris the wrong way (he tried to blame Carrie but we know the truth) so Roy, Geoff and myself were already sat down and warmed up when they arrived.
After a refreshment break Nick requested Mount Pleasant hill on the way out but I had to head home to cook Sunday lunch. So we split up me heading back to Llantwit and the rest heading to Mount Unpleasant.
Had the rain held off, like the weathermen reported, it would have been a much nicer ride. I shall leave myself a note next time I want to use my new bike in the winter to not bother.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Tom on January 05, 2020, 10:29:23 PM
Sorry not to have seen you all Ben-was wet when I got up so waited till sun came out-it didn't last long though and like everyone else today I got pretty wet.I'm away next 2 Sundays but will be joining you soon!
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: geoffh on January 05, 2020, 10:56:51 PM
Thanks, Ben. A humid day for sure, atmospheric moisture prevalent, good run notwithstanding. Chris peeled off on the A48, N&C went up the hill in Ewenny, Roy and I did bit and bit down Death Valley/Wick to home - 50 miles up, washed bike, hot shower, cold cider, so all good. Cheers.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Nick H on January 06, 2020, 12:11:41 PM
Thanks Ben,
It was good to get out again.

And yes, it was ALL my fault really. It's always my fault... ;)
Title: Re: Amblers ride 5th January
Post by: Chopper1967 on January 06, 2020, 08:45:45 PM
Thanks all for a good ride out. For the record, I got off a third of the way up Mount Pleasant or is it Unpleasant, flaming well felt unpleasant. Don't know if it was my ride out to meet up at Brackla, having to give it my all to get there on time, but I was half cooked before we started out from the Triangle.
Having said that, it was a good ride, and much needed. I was ruined by the time I got home,
Hoping to be out again next weekend.