My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on December 27, 2019, 11:35:02 AM

Title: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Ben on December 27, 2019, 11:35:02 AM
I'll be out on Sunday. Looking at a route through Pontyclun to Miskin then Coffee at St Fagans. Back through Pendoylan, Waterylane, Cowbridge and through to Ewenny.

https://www.strava.com/routes/23094477

For anyone with some legs and interest I'll be off home via Ogmore by sea.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Jo on December 28, 2019, 02:46:50 PM
Hi Ben, I aim to be out tomorrow 👍
Title: Re: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Jo on December 28, 2019, 02:48:00 PM
Is it 9.30 now?
Title: Re: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Ben on December 28, 2019, 05:05:18 PM
Yep 9.30 Jo.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Ben on December 29, 2019, 08:51:11 AM
I'm running late. My house guest got lost
Title: Re: Amblers ride 29th December
Post by: Ben on December 30, 2019, 04:21:39 PM
7 were out yesterday. Myself and Alex (Provision) arrived a few minutes late after attempting to ride a 45 minutes ride in 32 minutes.
Other than us there was Nick H, Nick R, Jo, Graham and new rider Tom.
We followed the planned route to St Fagans at a little too quick a pace. So eased off just before Miskin.
Nice coffee stop although the Bacon Sandwich at £5.90 was a bit steep for me.
We set off back the way we came heading for Welsh St Donats. But Alex got lost and was heading to a main road on his own. So I turned back to get him. There it was a bit of a 2up to catch back on 20 minutes later. We split at the A48 with Alex and me heading for home.
Weather held out and it wasnt too cold. Dryish roads and good company always makes for a good ride.