My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Dave W on November 25, 2019, 07:11:06 PM

Title: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Dave W on November 25, 2019, 07:11:06 PM
date for the diary Sunday 22nd of December for a trip to Bethlehem.

Of course weather dependent unfortunately the weather doesn't go that far.
https://www.strava.com/routes/3773326
88 miles with a little bit of climbing 2097m

please post your interest here.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: RobC on November 26, 2019, 07:53:56 AM
I'm interested. Mild and wet is the end of month forecast, for what it's worth.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Mark B on November 27, 2019, 01:53:23 PM
I’m interested.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: RichardB on November 27, 2019, 06:56:52 PM
I'd like to do this too.

Richard
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Paul R on December 01, 2019, 03:43:22 PM
I'm interested.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Andy H on December 18, 2019, 09:46:52 PM
Weather not looking too bad, what time do people want to set off ?
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Dave W on December 19, 2019, 06:44:39 PM
I'm easy can do 8.30...9:00 etc
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Andy H on December 19, 2019, 07:28:09 PM
I'd be happy with an 8:30 start.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Mark B on December 20, 2019, 08:09:21 AM
8.30 is fine for me. See you then.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Nige on December 20, 2019, 01:55:35 PM
8:30 ok with me.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: RobC on December 20, 2019, 02:16:05 PM
Got my lights charging.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Andy H on December 20, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
If there are only Pacers out, I'll set off at 8! 😱
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: RichardB on December 20, 2019, 06:21:51 PM
I've been ill the last 2 weeks so will just do the Black Mountain loop with you. Will see you on the road between Neath and Rhos. Rich L and Tony will be doing the same.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Reece0 on December 20, 2019, 06:42:14 PM
I'm also feeling s**t but could do with some fresh air so might join for a part ride. Andy. I'll ride with you from physiques at 8:30 if that's your plan and then probably do the shorter loop.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Andy H on December 20, 2019, 09:51:27 PM
Reece, the shorter loop Rich is taking about is starting from Neath. I was thinking of joining them too. I'm happy to pick you up and drive over to Neath and do that loop.
Its Neath, Pontardawe, Black Mountain, Bethlehem, coffee in Llandeilo, over Trap back to Pontardawe, Glais and back to Neath
It's about 30 mins drive to Neath from  Bridgend and the Chasers are meeting at 9. Let me know if you fancy this option and I can pick you up.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Dave W on December 21, 2019, 08:10:30 AM
8.30am start for the pacers and catch the others after neath
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Mark B on December 21, 2019, 07:47:39 PM
Ok, see you then.
Title: Re: Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! 22nd December 2019
Post by: Dave W on December 22, 2019, 08:00:37 PM
Not the best of weather today think we had it all rain..sun showers etc.and damp everywhere
13 in total out today
Harpo looking fresh after his night shift
Paul R
Nigel
Reece (looking like Santa)
Rob
Chappy
Mark B
Adrian K

Brisk ride out to neath with Harpo working on the front. We met up with
Andy H
Richard L
Greg
Karl
In neath
Harpo and reece turned back
Over the black mountain chappy 1st man over riding strong today.
Photo opportunity at Bethlehem unfortunately no wise men.
Coffee stop in heavenly  Llandeilo. Where they had a massive selection of cakes and chocolates.Greg headed back.
Back over trap, rich andy and Karl dropped off at neath to drive back home
Rest of us stopped in mcdonalds for a quick drink them back home.
Good turn out today everyone rode well.
Merry Christmas to everyone...