My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on May 22, 2019, 11:04:53 AM

Title: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Ben on May 22, 2019, 11:04:53 AM
After a lovely ride last weekend is anyone fancying another lumpy ride? Not to the same extent as the unpleasantness of Goytre road last weekend. Weather's looking good.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Jo on May 22, 2019, 08:41:41 PM
Very lumpy would suit just fine 👍I need lots of hill practice
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Ben on May 22, 2019, 09:21:02 PM
Would anyone object to this one?

https://www.strava.com/routes/19064516



It's a bit up and down. Nothing too taxing. Plus there's nice Bacon in Barry (he never complains either)
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Jo on May 23, 2019, 10:22:28 AM
Perfect. Might have to go out and do about before to get a longer ride in if anyone is interested?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: RichardB on May 24, 2019, 08:05:25 AM
Anyone wanting club kit?  We still have jerseys and shorts in stock in sizes M, L, XL. Jerseys £62 and shorts £60. The kit is available at the Friday Club Nights with payment by cheque cash or on-line.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: geoffh on May 24, 2019, 02:38:19 PM
As a new member, I shall need to sort out a jersey, so will try to get to the clubrom in the next week or two. Not sure of the sizing though, M or L probably. S/S or L/S  available? Cheers, Geoff.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: RichardB on May 24, 2019, 09:53:40 PM
As a new member, I shall need to sort out a jersey, so will try to get to the clubrom in the next week or two. Not sure of the sizing though, M or L probably. S/S or L/S  available? Cheers, Geoff.

Just short sleeve Geoff, you can try the M and L for size.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: geoffh on May 25, 2019, 09:38:29 AM
Thanks, I shall hopefully try for next Friday.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Ben on May 25, 2019, 02:27:39 PM
Wind is picking up. I'm thinking maybe head out into the wind and back with it. Maybe over Bwlch?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Ade on May 25, 2019, 05:15:30 PM
Family stuff to do tomorrow so I'll be giving it a miss. May be out on Monday if anyone is interested.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Ben on May 26, 2019, 06:44:30 AM
Looking at weather conditions and the forecast I think I'm staying at home. I don't fancy 30mph gusts and rain
 
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: geoffh on May 26, 2019, 07:02:58 AM
Probably a wise decision, Ben, not a good day for the Bwlch I'm thinking; try tomorrow if anyone available like Ade said?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Nick R on May 26, 2019, 07:41:11 AM
 Looking at the weather I will be out tomorrow.
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Jo on May 26, 2019, 07:43:58 AM
I'll be out tomorrow instead 👍
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Jo on May 26, 2019, 06:20:39 PM
What time and where are people meeting tomorrow? Same place, same time?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Nick R on May 26, 2019, 09:34:05 PM
If my man flu allows I'll be there Jo
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
Post by: Jo on May 26, 2019, 09:42:41 PM
I'm going to head out a bit earlier now as I need to do a longer ride. Hoping weather ok for next Sunday. Rest up if you are not well Nick!