My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on April 12, 2019, 08:28:29 AM
-
Weather looks dry for this weeks ride so no excuses for not turning up. The route will be a surprise this week but will include coffee in a cup and not a paper one at that. Who’s out?
-
Hi Ron, Nick H & I are not out with Amblers this Sunday, ( cycling in event in Gwent instead).
Have a good ride.
-
I'm here this weekend.
-
I'm hoping to be out 👍
-
I’m hoping to be there! I’ve just returned from Tenerife today so as long as I can get myself sorted I’ll be there cycling over from Llantwit! X
-
Hi, Giverny - Ben's usual meeting point corner of Llanmaes/Eagleswell at 8am suit you? If OK meet you there(?). cheers.
-
Do you have a route planned Ron?I'm thinking of trying to intercept the Chasers otherwise?
-
Hi Geoffh,
I’ll be there at 8am see you tomorrow! X
-
Sort of of a plan Tom, if all are fit we will go via Smylog to Bryn Garw house for a cuppa, you know the route. I will use the lanes around Hell y Cyw to increase the distance. But all this depends on who turns up?
-
Thanks all who helped me, I truly appreciated it!
I’ve just been dropped home so will start icing my knee! I’ll have a play with my cleats and seat height before joining you to ensure I don’t need to be rescued again! Ron please thank your wife again from me! Hope the rest of the ride was good! When not in pain I really enjoyed it x
-
Six amblers this morning. Ron, Jo, Nick R, Geoff, Giverney, Ade. A varied route leaving Brackla - Pencoed - LA - Talbot Green - Smilog - Coed Ely - Gilfach Goch - Llangeinor - Bettws - Bryn Garw.
First time most had tackled the Smilog and was suitably crushed by all. If you are going that way please have a look for Ron's pride, he left it somewhere by the burger van. His over sock got caught in the pedal and well you can guess the rest. Up and over Gilfach, Giverney pushing on through some knee pain. Hopefully nothing serious and something a few tweaks in setup can sort out. The group split at Llangeinor with Jo, Nick and I heading over Bettws, the others heading down the flat route to Bryn Garw. Quick coffee and a call to Ron's wife for a rescue.
Good ride today even if I did misjudge the weather somewhat.
-
Thanks Ron / Ade really enjoyed the ride today (please remember your helmet next week :-X ). Hope your knee is better soon Giverney, good on you as well for switching off your strava, alot of people would have used the car ride to get a better time!
-
Sounds like it was a good ride. I'm missing my bike now. I think I'll struggle when I do get back on it.
-
Super route today, albeit chilly in that Easterly! Thanks to all for guidance and company, and hope Giverny's knee trouble isn't too severe and clears up soon. I guess the real climbing is being saved for future outings. Best wishes also to Ben for his convalescence, see you all next time; cheers.
-
Few bumps on Sunday, a bit chilly sitting outside the Cafe waiting for International Rescue? Was Giverneys problem caused by sitting in a plane for too long which will tighten the hamstrings and then cause the knee problem. The bike is unchanged for three years the that rules it out.