My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on February 26, 2019, 10:25:26 PM

Title: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on February 26, 2019, 10:25:26 PM
It's the final reliability ride this Sunday. Please come along and join in, it's not a race but a chance for all club members to ride the same route and meet together at the end for a coffee/cake/breakfast, so as much a social event as a competition.
RR3 is 100km and has two options, 3 hour 30 mins or 4 hours. (With the  +/- 15 min buffer, the 4 hour option can be achieved by riding at just over 14 .5mph)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/5322488

A couple of pointers for the route:-

1. At the start of the ride you need to go to the the 2nd roundabout in Coity, before turning back on yourself
2. On the leg back to Bridgend DO NOT turn down New Inn Road, stay on the main road to Ewenny roundabout.
3. Ride finishes in Costa coffee in Cowbridge

See you Sunday
Ride starts at 8:30 for 4 hour option (sign on by 8:15)
                      9:00 for 3:30 option (sign on by 8:45)
I'll be in Greggs for anybody who wants to sign on early!  ;D
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Steven on February 27, 2019, 06:29:12 PM
I’ve offered to do the timing on Sunday. It could be the high spot of my week!
I like Andy’s Greggs suggestion too...
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on February 28, 2019, 02:26:36 PM
I reckon I can manage 14.5mph (just)  ;D so will be there for an 8:30 start.................and Gregg's breakfast roll!
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Tony M on February 28, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
Weather looks terrible for Sunday am. Is it worth delaying RR3 otherwise it may be a non-event? The last couple have been well attended.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on February 28, 2019, 09:58:32 PM
....and spoil the highlight of Steven's week?

It does look as if it will be wet but not too windy or cold,  maybe discuss tomorrow at club night.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: harpo on March 01, 2019, 06:30:06 PM
I think it would be best to cancel , looks really grim
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 01, 2019, 07:10:01 PM
Does appear to be getting worse rather than better.............
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 02, 2019, 07:42:27 AM
Brief discussion last night and decided to wait until later today and see what the forecast was doing.

I'll post late this afternoon with a decision.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 02, 2019, 06:48:20 PM
Decided to postpone RR3.

Whilst i don't mind cycling in challenging conditions, the forecast is not good for tomorrow. BBC forecast has high winds from 3pm but Accuweather has gust of 50+ km\hr possible from 11am and that could be a problem. Please pass this message on to anybody you think may be planning to ride tomorrow.

Probably run RR3 next Sunday 10th March
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Tony M on March 02, 2019, 08:09:24 PM
I do think that is a sensible decision
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March - postponed to 10th March
Post by: Andy H on March 05, 2019, 06:38:27 PM
I know it's a long way out but forecast not great for the weekend, watch this space...........................
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 07, 2019, 01:34:42 PM
....looking worse this Sunday than it was last weekend. Will keep an eye and post Saturday afternoon.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 09, 2019, 07:13:21 PM
With a weather warning and strong winds forecast.from early in the morning RR3 is postponed, again.  :(
Will try next Sunday 17th March
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Paul Nicholas on March 11, 2019, 01:32:03 PM
Keep in mind the Betty Pharoah Road Race is taking place next Sunday. I think it should be OK having had a quick look at the start times and routes for both?
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 11, 2019, 04:08:07 PM
I did notice a post on FB, I'm sure they'll have it well marshaled and politely move any cyclists out of the way!
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 13, 2019, 12:49:56 PM
Sunny intervals and a fresh breeze forecast for Sunday so at the moment RR3 will go ahead.

I'll keep an eye on the forecast!
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Steven on March 16, 2019, 07:58:41 AM
RR3 will go ahead tomorrow and I will be timing it. It’s going to be the best weather for a few days so come out and take part!
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Mark B on March 16, 2019, 09:25:53 AM
I’ll be there. Is it 8.45 sign on for a 9am start for the 3 1/2 hr target time?
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Steven on March 16, 2019, 05:28:54 PM
That's right...
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Nige on March 16, 2019, 05:54:04 PM
Anyone else for 3.5hrs?....burn off grand slam beers:)
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Mark B on March 16, 2019, 06:34:13 PM
That's right...

Cheers Stephen, see you in the morning.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: ron b on March 16, 2019, 07:34:16 PM
Sorry, anavailable tomorrow, good luck all.
Title: Re: RR3 Sunday 3rd March
Post by: Andy H on March 16, 2019, 08:10:35 PM
Come along and blow away some hangover cobwebs. I'll be cycling over and doing the 8:30 start, 4 hour option.
See you there.