My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on March 11, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

Title: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: ron b on March 11, 2014, 07:34:59 PM
For those who are staying to acclimatise for the season, put your thermals on and meet as normal at 9. Route will be sorted to suit all abilities. Watch Derek's weather forecast, could be a high altitude ride. Any suggestions? Sorry no Tapas bars.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Lawrence on March 14, 2014, 10:11:54 AM
Hi,

I'm a newbie to the club, could I join you on this ride? I've always ridden solo, so looking to join in on the club runs. Is the meeting point at Physiques gym in Brackla at 9?  I went to the club night a couple of Fridays ago and met Teresa and a few of the others. More info would be great.

Many thanks!

Lawrence.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Paul Longthorn on March 14, 2014, 12:29:33 PM
Lawrence just turn up. I know Ron is planning to go out and I'm sure others will be out, but numbers may well be low this week as a number of club members are in Mallorca. Yes it is Physiques at 9am.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Lawrence on March 14, 2014, 01:13:04 PM
Great, thanks Paul.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: ron b on March 14, 2014, 07:03:07 PM
Any more Oggies out on Sunday, Ride will be decided on the day, but we will ride as a group all the way!!. PS hope this info is in the right section, I've been standing in the naughty corner all day!!
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: RoyH on March 14, 2014, 07:58:32 PM
Could I just turn up and ride or do I need to join first?

Thanks Roy
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Teresa on March 14, 2014, 10:15:58 PM
We can accommodate guests for a limited number of rides, then you would be expected to join.  So you are more than welcome to ride as a guest initially.  I have attached a membership form.

Just roll up at Physiques at 9am on Sunday and introduce yourself.  I am sure you will have a great ride.

I have also sent you a PM

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: RichardB on March 14, 2014, 10:24:59 PM
Ron, I intend being out on Sunday morning. Sunny Bridgend for me every time. Up for some climbing if you could build some hills into the route.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: ron b on March 15, 2014, 11:49:30 AM
Hills it is then, all riders will regroup at the top of each hill. Tapas at Bryngarw House.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Chris Reed on March 15, 2014, 01:41:19 PM
I'll be there too - what's the planned distance?
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: ron b on March 15, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
35 miles? for me, others can go further if they want. Depends who turns up.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Jason T on March 15, 2014, 05:43:36 PM
Do you have a rough idea on the direction you might take the group in the morning Ron?

I may join you for 09:00 and perhaps peel off depending on direction or just go for extended milage.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Lawrence on March 15, 2014, 05:52:02 PM
35 with hills sounds good to me. See you there at 9.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Chris Reed on March 15, 2014, 06:08:12 PM
Jason - If you fancy some company I'm up for more.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Jason T on March 15, 2014, 06:12:06 PM
Sure thing Chris  :)

Hopefully see you out tomorrow Lawrence.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Anndavies on March 15, 2014, 06:34:29 PM
Hi, read about the new 25 ride and was wondering if it would be on for tomorrow .I haven't been before .thanks
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Jason T on March 15, 2014, 07:21:06 PM
Hi Ann,

A number of regular riders (I'm thinking numbers in the mid to high twenties) are heading to Mallorca for a week of cycling in the sun, fun for some, so numbers across all three groups (25ers, Amblers & Pacers) will be very low compared to normal.

Ron takes charge of the 25er group and he will be leading out the majority of the field tomorrow morning by the looks of it, hopefully if he sees this he can chime in and give his view ~ Please feel free to come along and I'm sure Ron would be happy to accommodate anyone who would fall within the 25ers group tomorrow.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Anndavies on March 15, 2014, 07:30:22 PM
 thanks very much
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: RichardB on March 15, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
Jas, Chris, I'm planning on doing more than 35 too, happy to fit in with your plans in the morning.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: Jason T on March 16, 2014, 07:08:18 AM
The sun is blaring in the Pontypridd area, still nippy though, BBC Weather seems to suggest that it will be cloudy west of Talbot Green today and sunny to the east ~ I think it's trying to trick me in to not wearing enough layers.

Hope it will be nice today.
Title: Re: Club run 16th Pacers, Amblers, 25ers
Post by: ron b on March 16, 2014, 05:08:14 PM
9 out today in blazing sunshine, Smylog, Gilfach, Blackmill, Llangeinor and Bettws. Then down to Bryngarw for tapas, fresh sardines from Ogmore why would anyone want to go abroad?