My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on January 30, 2019, 01:07:12 PM

Title: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Ben on January 30, 2019, 01:07:12 PM
I'm not here for this weekend. I'll be visiting my Parents. Weather is looking fairly good though. Dry and very little wind but a little chilly. I can post a route for you to follow unless anyone else has any ideas.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb
Post by: Andy H on January 30, 2019, 02:01:34 PM
How about a lap of RR1 as a recce?
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Ben on January 30, 2019, 04:13:56 PM
Here's the route if anyone wants to try it. Sounds like the Chasers maybe doing it as well.

https://www.strava.com/routes/16965881
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Nick R on January 30, 2019, 07:53:13 PM
Looks ok, where is the coffee stop?
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Ben on January 30, 2019, 08:21:50 PM
That'll be up to who ever is out. You could stop at Costa in Cowbridge. Do you want to lead Nick?
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Nick R on January 31, 2019, 08:23:04 AM
I will, unless an more experienced rider wants to do it.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Jo on February 02, 2019, 07:58:28 AM
I'm working this Sunday but hopefully see you all next week 👍
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: ron b on February 02, 2019, 09:14:50 AM
If you are out riding Sunday watch out for ice on the smaller roads, maybe take the time to stay home and do bit of turbo. It’s a long season and a simple fall could spoil it. The BBC forecast looked promising last Thursday, but it’s looking to be around zero at 9am tomorrow. There are lots of untreated roads and those skinny treadless tyre do not like ice. Weather is getting warmer next week ready for the RR1.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Nick H on February 02, 2019, 02:12:55 PM
Probably not out tomorrow (at least not early) so unlikely to be there...
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: Nick R on February 02, 2019, 05:49:22 PM
Good advice and still very cold. I will probably head out later once things warm up.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: ron b on February 02, 2019, 07:27:34 PM
Do we meet at 10 and do the one lap of RR1, weather will be warmer. I will be at Physiques at 10.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: RichardB on February 03, 2019, 07:56:04 AM
Ben, can you remind everyone on the club ride today that the online team store is open today. See thread on the forum under Club Kit. Thanks.
Title: Re: Amblers ride 3rd Feb - 9AM start
Post by: ron b on February 03, 2019, 01:55:35 PM
I left Physiques at 10, no one else about, I did a route to Llantwit, still ice on the road. Most of the road was dry and free of ice