My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Steven on January 27, 2019, 02:02:45 PM
-
For those of you who follow the Pacers on Strava you probably thought today was a piece of cake;
- Only 50+ miles
- Average just over 16mph
-Sunny intervals forecast!
The truth was somewhat different. Out today with Sgt Mgr Harpo were Mark, Paul R, Steve, Greg, Reece and I. The challenge was to find lots of hills in preparation for LBL (even though it's 3 months away!). We took a circuitous route to Maesteg taking in some climbs and then over Bryn in a hailstorm. Down to Baglan and then on the newly found climb to Cimla. It did not disappoint and I made me think about investing in a gravel bike. We then dropped down to Neath and the 14mph average increased with a tailwind to the coffee stop in Porthcawl. The original route was to take in a loop around the Vale to get the mileage up but that was universally rejected.
So maybe the Pacers are going soft after all!
-
I was definately