My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on January 19, 2019, 09:20:47 AM
-
West best Sunday, so how about Consitution hill Swansea, I’ve never done it, coffee in mumbles after. Can you express start time? I prefer 9, will post route after
-
I'd prefer 9:00.
-
Are we planning on going up or down the hill :-\
-
I hope to be out, prefer 09:00 start
-
I’ll be there at 9 (be gentle!)
-
I prefer 9 start.
-
https://www.strava.com/routes/16842407
9am it is then! PS less tyre pressure for the Pave ! 8)
-
We will go via three step hill to porthcawl and around seafront on the way out, unlike the route I posted!😀
-
Out today were
Dave W
Greg
Mark R
Nigel
Paul R
Reece
Chappers
Myself
Usual culprits out today as we set off at 9am in cold but not bad conditions. We all worked well together with everybody doing a bit. Through Porthcawl, Harbour Way and onto Neath where it started drizzling abit, which would add to the fun on the climb to come 8). Tried navigating through Swansea letting my 1030 do its job. A bit of confusion where I split from the group as I was determined to stick to the route I had tinkered with in the early hours. Somehow we all regrouped not far from the start of Consititution Hill and went straight up it. It was very steep (20%) and cobbles , on the plus side it was only a 3 minute climb. Because of the drizzle it was hard to get traction, so every time you would get out of the saddle you would slide. At the end of the climb it ramped up again where Paul lost traction and took a tumble ;D only yards from the top. Thinking all the hard work was done, we then had to climb up to Townhill which had a 15% gradient.
Coffee in Castellamare, then full gas home where we lost Greg on Fabian Way!