My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on January 11, 2019, 01:14:42 PM
-
Weather is looking like it might be ok. So a provisional route for now is one suggested by Ade but in reverse with a Coffee stop at Porthcawl..
https://www.strava.com/routes/16746687 (https://www.strava.com/routes/16746687)
-
Hoping to join you - at least for a while! Looks an interesting route.
-
Hi Ben, what time are you leaving on Sunday pls? May have to meet you up in Coity 😀
-
9.30 starts in January Dan.
Nick it'll be good to catch up with you again.
-
Great Thanks Ben.
I’m assuming you are going up Heol Spencer on the way out? If my wife is back I will defo join you up in Coity
-
I'm coming but hoping to watch the junior park run first at 9am. Anywhere I could meet you on route?
-
Sorry! Change of plan. I'm hoping to be out next week instead
-
Sorry we missed you Jo.
Good turn out this weekend. 10 altogether. 1 new rider in the form of Kev who was a strong rider despite having his chain stuck on the big ring. Myself, Nick R, Jonathon, Dan and Mike (out for their second ride) Hannah and the long awaited returns of Graham, Nick H and Carrie H.
We set of on a reversed version of a route Ade had given me. There was a slight detour when I took a wrong turn on the climb up to the top of Llangeinor hill. From Llangeinor it was over to Betws and Shwt. The worrying prospect, for most, of Fountain road climb was avoided by taking the turn past Parc Slip and down to Margam via Wigglies. Round the coast then to Porthcawl and a coffee stop at Broomwagon where the remaining chasers joined us and rapidly filled a pre-booked coffee shop :) Fancy eating Sunday lunch with a load of sweaty cyclists around you. The way home was up Mount Pleasant then we split up along the A48 to get to our respective homes.
Great ride and some great performances from everyone. Dan especially with his #NoColon..StillRollin... steerer cap.