My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 27, 2018, 05:57:32 PM

Title: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Andy H on November 27, 2018, 05:57:32 PM
Weather dependent, plan to make what has become an attempt at an annual trip to Bethlehem.

The usual route is 148km and 2000+m of elevation but there is an option to avoid a chunk of the climbing on the way home!!

If you fancy the trip, express an interest here and we can have a 'chat' about route options
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: RichardB on November 27, 2018, 07:43:20 PM
I’m up for this.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Reece0 on November 27, 2018, 10:43:47 PM
ill join you
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Nige on November 28, 2018, 06:04:36 PM
i will probably join you.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Greg B on November 28, 2018, 09:37:00 PM
I’m hoping to go, out with a load of rowdy roofers the night before so will have to see what state im in!🤪
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Steven on November 29, 2018, 08:28:38 AM
I would give it a go, depending on the weather !
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark B on November 29, 2018, 06:22:11 PM
Count me in 😁
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Ade on November 29, 2018, 06:22:57 PM
I would like to join you but don't want to be a liability.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark Pope on December 01, 2018, 09:01:42 PM
I'm up for this.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Andy H on December 13, 2018, 01:22:13 PM
Couple of things:-

1. Ade, you won't be a liability, so come along.

2. It's a long ride so I'd plan to start at 8;30

3. What are people's thoughts with regard to current weather forecast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2657345

Basically cool, wet but not too windy.
Personally I'd say OK as long as it doesn't look to get any worse.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark Pope on December 13, 2018, 04:05:42 PM
It looks OK Andy. I'll see you at 0830 unless weather changes significantly for the worse.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: RichardB on December 13, 2018, 09:42:25 PM
I'm still up for this and the 8-30 start 😀
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Andy H on December 15, 2018, 03:15:20 PM
Looks like windier and wetter weather as the day goes on!
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark B on December 15, 2018, 03:33:31 PM
Sorry, full up with a cold, so I won’t be out. Enjoy!
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Andy H on December 15, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
Don't want to commit to this if only 2 or 3 of us are going, it'd be a long day!
I've heard from Rich B who is still up for it, anybody else?
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: xrayspecs on December 15, 2018, 04:50:58 PM
I had planned to join you; I don't think the weather will be favourable (I know its only a forecast). I think its best left to a calmer day with less chance of rain.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Terry A on December 15, 2018, 06:10:31 PM
Andy,  I echo Chris G''s comments and going to give it a miss.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Nige on December 15, 2018, 06:31:15 PM
Not for me sorry,far too wet,windy and cold and forecast is awful.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Reece0 on December 15, 2018, 06:48:27 PM
Not looking good tomorrow so zwift for me
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: xrayspecs on December 15, 2018, 06:49:46 PM
That said I am planning to go out (principally to justify a slice of cake) ; vale based if bad so i'll make my way to Brackla for 930.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: RichardB on December 15, 2018, 06:56:44 PM
I'll be out for 9-30 too. I think we will be ok keeping it local, the bad weather appears to be coming in from the west and will hit us later.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark Pope on December 15, 2018, 07:38:16 PM
The consensus seems to be for a 0930 start. I'll see you all at Physiques.
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Andy H on December 15, 2018, 08:49:42 PM
I think common sense prevails, happy to try again next Sunday.

How about this for tomorrow:-

https://www.strava.com/routes/16453394

Early coffee in Duffryn or late in Cafe velo
Title: Re: Chasers Christmas Sojourn to Bethlehem! Sunday 16th December
Post by: Mark Pope on December 15, 2018, 08:57:47 PM
Looks good Andy. See you tomorrow.