My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Steven on February 27, 2014, 01:12:20 PM

Title: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Steven on February 27, 2014, 01:12:20 PM
It's been a long winter and evidently many riders are keen for the season to start!

Richard and Joe Beech
Chris Goodwin
Steven Madeley
Mark Nott
Andy Harries
Bowen Mason
Jason Strange
Rob Jones
Tim Raine
Steve Morris

There was some chat about an easy ride afterwards to get more miles in!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Tom on February 27, 2014, 01:20:12 PM
Just start RR3 a bit later
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Richard Beech on February 27, 2014, 04:45:07 PM
looks like an Ogmore  club event
can we have it on the Wick course?
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: RichardB on February 27, 2014, 09:55:02 PM
I've been thinking of riding this too.
I would find it useful to ride the course first beforehand. I'm not around this weekend so plan to have a look at the course a week Saturday.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Tom on February 27, 2014, 10:32:53 PM
Better check when entries close if they haven't already Rich.Have you got a handbook?
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Andy H on February 27, 2014, 10:35:30 PM
Start sheet out, so assume entries closed.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: RichardB on February 28, 2014, 08:35:21 AM
Ah ok, I need to read up on entry!!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Andy H on February 28, 2014, 10:01:07 AM
Richard, TT entries generally close 14 days before the event.

Ron did ask if somebody could post a guide to entering TT events, I'll see if I can get something done and put it up.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Teresa on February 28, 2014, 10:03:42 AM
Rob Powell very kindly wrote a guide which is on the website.  I am fairly sure everything is still up to date.

http://www.ogmorevalleywheelers.com/page6.html
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Andy H on February 28, 2014, 11:11:38 AM
Thanks Teresa, think we should explore more of the website!!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: RichardB on February 28, 2014, 11:56:57 AM
Yes, I obviously need to!!
Thanks both.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Teresa on February 28, 2014, 02:17:37 PM
Thanks Teresa, think we should explore more of the website!!

Here, here. 

There is a good deal of info on the site covering most of the disciplines in cycling and other useful bits and pieces.
The Stats Counter has recorded over 16k of 'reads' of the site so someone is reading it - and I promise it is not all me  ::)
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: ron b on March 07, 2014, 04:03:24 PM
Anyone who is unsure of how to enter a TT or Road Race please use this site to ask or go to the Club house on Fridays. Good luck to all TT entrants for the first event. Weather looks good.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Teresa on March 08, 2014, 07:30:29 PM
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow.  Should be some good times to start the year off.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: traine on March 08, 2014, 07:41:42 PM
If I'm not a DNS I'm a 35 minute man but I need a poor ride for later season when I have had these bolts out ! my standard time is 28.33 so a minus 7 on standard would be fine.
While it will be a rubbish ride I intend to look good using a rear disc and a tri spoke front wheel
Good luck everyone
Tim
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Tom on March 09, 2014, 02:20:29 PM
So come on,how did everyone get on?(apart from Bowen of course who  rode 52.5 miles too far in RR3)
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: marknott on March 09, 2014, 03:04:51 PM
Scores on the doors,

90 riders in the field. Sun shining, bit of a cross wind and a grind on the return, no surprises there!

Winner...Billy Oliver RST Sport/Aero -Coach....20.27

4th Joe Beech....21.30...Well Done Fella.lost out to a 3rd podium position by 1sec !!!!

Rob Jones...22.10
Richard Beech...23.19
Steven Madeley...23.25
Steve Morris...23.42
Mark Nott...23.50
Andy Harries...24.27
Chris Goodwin...25.13
Jason Strange...25.34
Tim Raine...28.24...Well Done Tim, great effort. Considering your injury and recovery !!!
Howell Bowen Mason...DNS.

Hope I haven't missed any more Oggies out?

Well done, great turn out for the club.

Cheers,

Mark.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: wardhaugh on March 09, 2014, 03:36:39 PM
Some very good times there - especially this early in season. That must be a PB for Rob Jones? Makes me want to get the TT bike out again.
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Steven on March 09, 2014, 03:52:58 PM

It was one of the best days on that course for a while.  The winter chaingangs have certainly helped me be fitter, earlier.

PB for Andy Harries too, I believe...
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Rob Jones on March 09, 2014, 04:31:43 PM
Some very good times there - especially this early in season. That must be a PB for Rob Jones? Makes me want to get the TT bike out again.

Nope. It was however my most common time over the last 3 seasons...though more typically on the R10/17 course (a40). 21.52 is my pb (2012). I would like to beat it this season but my best times always come in September...usually in the last events of the season! It might have been a course record at least as I don't recall ever having good conditions on that course before. Well done everyone. Great OVW showing today!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Teresa on March 09, 2014, 07:42:47 PM
Full Results

http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87691
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Davey C on March 09, 2014, 09:46:12 PM
Good riding all! It seems winter Chaingang is paying off!!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Teresa on March 10, 2014, 03:42:18 PM
Photos on:

http://www.sisportsimages.co.uk/CyclingGallery2014.html
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Steven on March 10, 2014, 05:50:05 PM

I look really fat ! - I have no idea how I am going to get over the hills in Mallorca....
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Rob Jones on March 10, 2014, 07:06:54 PM
Most people look fat on a TT bike Steven. Genuinely fat people look morbidly obese on a TT bike. I look like a scrawny chicken. But we all enjoy it, that's the main thing!!

I would have change my rear tyre to the align with the livery if I'd known there would be photos!
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: marknott on March 10, 2014, 09:42:50 PM
I used to suffer from SDS.....Slack diaphragm Syndrome on my TT bike, a phrase that Steven coined. LOL

I`m now cured !!! after loosing 5st of timber !!!

My biggest problem now according to Chris G is/are......."my unshaven legs".....he's totally psychologically scared by them LOL.

I think they look quite fetching !!!

Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Rob Jones on March 10, 2014, 10:12:45 PM
Mark - can't say I've noticed the unshaven legs (xray specs by name...) but these days you look integral to the TT machine you ride.
Mind you I am concerned you could be losing power...shaking hands after R10/22a did not seem quite so bone crushing as previous seasons! ;)
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: xrayspecs on March 11, 2014, 08:51:02 AM
Thats because I pleaded for a gentle handshake before you arrived Rob….
Title: Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
Post by: Shawn on March 13, 2014, 08:57:04 PM
A strong turn out from OVW sees the club second in the Celtic series standings after round one:
http://celticseries.co.uk/images/2014results/seriesstandings.xls

Well done all who rode