My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on October 01, 2018, 03:18:30 PM

Title: Amblers ride 7th October
Post by: Ben on October 01, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
Thanks to Benevs for looking after the ride last Sunday. I was off at the Cycle Show eating large amounts of free samples and trying not to spend money I don't have. Alex Dowsett had the pleasure of meeting my two kids though which he looked really thankful for.

Anyway back to normality now. You've all had a break from the hills so this weekend we're doing Bryn, Bwlch, Rhigos, Maerdy, Caerphilly and the Tumble. Here's the route for you.  (https://media.giphy.com/media/xTka03TWclqF7Wmt9e/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: Amblers ride 7th October
Post by: Ben on October 01, 2018, 03:20:29 PM
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Just joking  ;D ;D

But out of curiosity I planned a route. I think the phrase "Erm no thanks" springs to mind (https://www.strava.com/routes/15697076) One for the Pacers maybe.



Instead lets do a nice gentle (not too hilly) ride round the Vale. Coffee at Dyffryn Gardens. 42 miles altogether. 
So Ogmore - Southerndown - St Brides Major -Sigingstone - St Mary Church - Llantrythid - Bonvilston - Dyffryn - Gwern-y-Steeple (down not up) - Welsh St Donats - Llansannor - City - Brackla.

https://www.strava.com/routes/10800678

Title: Re: Amblers ride 7th October
Post by: benevs on October 01, 2018, 04:14:39 PM
Are you taking the correct route round Ogmore? :o  I've always avoided doing that climb!

I may or may not be out, I've been told theres a network change happening in work Saturday night - 11pm till 5am.  If I get enough sleep (or feeling good with no sleep) I'll be there
Title: Re: Amblers ride 7th October
Post by: Ben on October 01, 2018, 04:15:49 PM
Oops. Yes that's a bugger that one.....
Title: Re: Amblers ride 7th October
Post by: Ben on October 07, 2018, 01:38:28 PM
3 of us today. Me, Ade and Nick R. So we joined the Chasers until we got separated just before Welsh St Donats. I peeled off at Llantwit everyone else met up at Cafe Velo.