My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on August 23, 2018, 08:41:19 PM

Title: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: harpo on August 23, 2018, 08:41:19 PM
Friggin weather bad again Sunday  :'( Anyone up for ride Saturday or Monday?
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: Greg B on August 23, 2018, 10:01:54 PM
Either ok for me
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: wardhaugh on August 24, 2018, 09:17:40 AM
Working Monday, but could ride tomorrow.
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: wardhaugh on August 24, 2018, 06:09:41 PM
Here's my suggested ride for tomorrow.

https://www.strava.com/routes/15129060

I'll be at the B&Q roundabout at 9am. Tailwind anticipated up Cimla and Bwlch. Coffee in Cowbridge to finish - whichever cafe we can get a seat at.

All this depends on not having last-minute unexpected Dad taxi duties. If you plan to join me, PM me your mobile numbers so I can let you know if there's a last minute change (although I'll also post here if I have to change).

Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: harpo on August 24, 2018, 06:15:58 PM
Looks good! see you at  9 at B and Q :)
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: Greg B on August 24, 2018, 06:43:33 PM
I’ll be there
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: Paul R on August 25, 2018, 08:11:39 AM
See you at 9.
Title: Re: Pacers 26th August ??
Post by: wardhaugh on August 25, 2018, 03:44:31 PM
The re-arranged Sunday ride comprised Harpo, Paul R, Steve Chapman, Gregg, Adrian Kerrigan and me. Cool start - arm-warmers and a few gilets in evidence, but the sun shone and the rain stayed away. First section flat but into the wind ridden at a sensible pace - quite exposed to he breeze round Port Talbot. Cima taken at a brisk pace - I was after a PB so shot up the road with Steve C in pursuit - the two of us crested the top together. Re-grouped at Pontrhydyfen, and I went segment chasing again up the Bwlch. Quite cool on top - fast descent to Nantymoel - none faster than Adrian (including the two cars he overtook on the way down  :o ). Fast pace then to Blackmill, Heol-y-Cwy and Llanharan, where it was neutralised for the ride through horse-infested lanes to Caffe Nero. Cake was taken. And in Gregg's case, panini followed cake  ::).

Highly enjoyable - and much better than the alternative drenching which awaits those riding tomorrow.

Thanks for the ride lads.