My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on August 22, 2018, 07:47:38 AM

Title: Chasers 26 August
Post by: RichardB on August 22, 2018, 07:47:38 AM
Andy Harries is not out this Sunday so I'll be posting a route this week and will do this later in the week. I'm thinking of heading west with a coffee stop in Swansea Marina, hope this is good for everyone.
Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: RichardB on August 24, 2018, 06:19:21 PM
As Harpo has advised in his post for the Pacers ride the weather is not good on Sunday, heavy rain forecast all morning. I won't be riding Sunday. Happy to do the proposed route on Monday, any views?

https://www.strava.com/routes/12579480

Bridgend - Pyle - Margam - Pontrhydyfen - Cimla - Neath - Skewen - Bonymaen - Swansea Marina - Fabian Way - Harbour Way - Pyle - Bridgend

94.5km and 935m of climbing, around 4 hours including coffee stop in the Marina.

Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: Nick Langley on August 26, 2018, 08:32:42 PM
Rich, are you still planning on going out Monday morning? Will hopefully join you if I can. I'll try and get to Physiques for 9, and if you're there you're there, if not I'll just go for a few hours on my own
Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: RichardB on August 26, 2018, 08:59:30 PM
Hi Nick, yes I still plan to go out in the morning, it would be good to have some company!

Richard
Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: Richard L on August 26, 2018, 09:15:23 PM
If you’re still on for tomorrow  then I’ll join you both at Physique. Haven’t been out for a while so take it easy on me.
Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: Nick Langley on August 26, 2018, 09:55:24 PM
Great stuff, see you both then
Title: Re: Chasers 26 August
Post by: RichardB on August 27, 2018, 04:32:57 PM
Three of us out this morning, me Nick and Richard Lewis. Followed the route as planned, very windy on the way out but mainly dry, just a bit of drizzle descending from Cimla into Neath. The three of us working well today and taking turns on the from into the wind. The usual good coffee stop in Café Fresco in Swansea Marina and a good run home from there with the wind on our backs. Enjoyable ride, thanks both.