My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on August 07, 2018, 09:39:26 PM

Title: Saturday Social 11th August
Post by: Andy H on August 07, 2018, 09:39:26 PM
I'll be heading out from Brackla this Saturday afternoon.
1:00 Meet at Physiques gym CF31 2LL.

Newcomer to cycling or just getting back into it after a layoff?
Not sure if you have the speed or fitness for our Sunday club runs?
Come and join an easy paced, social ride around the Vale. Cafe stop can be included. 
Build your fitness with the aim of joining our mid-week and regular Sunday rides, or just ride for fun!

All riders welcome, men, ladies and juniors (14-17) (Parental consent required or accompanied by a parent)

Pace and distance dependent on the fitness and experience of the riders on the day. Nobody will get left behind. 

You do not need to be a club member to come on these runs. (applies to 3 rides for insurance purposes)
For further information contact Andy Harries
acharries@aol.com  txt 07504436270

Please bring your bike in good working order and whilst I am happy to help change a puncture you will need to bring your own inner tubes or means to repair a puncture.
Title: Re: Saturday Social 11th August
Post by: Ben on August 08, 2018, 06:14:41 AM
Have you thought about putting these rides on the British Cycling let's ride site?
Title: Re: Saturday Social 11th August
Post by: Andy H on August 08, 2018, 06:52:12 AM
I've not done the BC ride leader training,  so keeping it 'informal'
Title: Re: Saturday Social 11th August
Post by: Nick R on August 11, 2018, 01:45:28 PM
Did this meet happen?
Title: Re: Saturday Social 11th August
Post by: Andy H on August 11, 2018, 05:27:53 PM
Yes, I was out for a couple of hours, wet, windy and misty and despite a punctured not too unpleasant.

Were you at Brackla?, I arrived just a couple of minutes before 1:00 and there was nobody else there, so set off solo.

Sorry if I missed you, I'm hoping to get out again next Saturday, will post early next week if I can.