My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on July 28, 2018, 07:44:05 AM

Title: Pacers 27th July
Post by: harpo on July 28, 2018, 07:44:05 AM
I won’t be out Sunday, weather terrible and my winter bike is in dock! Still pinching myself about G might have a few sherbets to celebrate  8)
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Nige on July 28, 2018, 11:08:45 AM
still in recovery under docs orders so wont be out...frustrating but on a positive note come on G you can do this!!!!!
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Steven on July 28, 2018, 06:29:24 PM
I will be out. Sure we can manage a couple of hours with the Gabba on. Harpo, the hot spell has turned you soft!
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Steve Chapman on July 28, 2018, 09:07:54 PM
I also cant make it in the morning, I might go out in the afternoon when the weather hopefully improves and ride into Cardiff. Watch the finish in a cafe or pub then Welsh Cycling have organised a celebration ride open to everyone from Cardiff Bay.

Anyone interested let me know. Doesn't feel right not to do anything
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: mal jones on July 28, 2018, 09:56:51 PM
Any chance I could meet you in llantwit  Steve I’ll see if Tom or any of the llantwit mob are interested too what time you thinking of getting to Cardiff ??
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Andy H on July 28, 2018, 11:10:14 PM
I'll be watching at home, feel free to drop in for a coffee and cake if you want to.

It's only 10-15 mins from my house, over the barrage to the Senydd.

157 Stanwell Road, Penarth. CF 64 3LN. 100 yards from Cefn Mably pub.

Let me know if you want to drop in, I have fresh coffee but no cake!!
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Steve Chapman on July 29, 2018, 10:11:26 AM
Mal yeah no problem i could meet you at cafe velo. How about 4pm? I was thinking of getting into Cardiff for around 5pm ( hopefully the weather would have improved then ) The celebration ride starts at 7:30 from the Bay, its only a short ride and they would like everyone to be wearing yellow ( club kit ideal ) let me know what you think.

Everyone welcome to come along just let me know if you can make it and we could meet on route or in Cardiff

Thanks for the offer Andy its very kind of you, I was hoping to get a few of us in Cardiff and get on the news  :D
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: mal jones on July 29, 2018, 10:50:44 AM
Great Steve I’ll be in Café Velo by 3.45. I’ll text a few others now see you there 💪💪
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Teresa on July 29, 2018, 10:55:03 PM
Looking at the BBC news on my phone, I can see a couple of Oggie riders.
Title: Re: Pacers 27th July
Post by: Dave W on July 29, 2018, 11:27:17 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44993749
Pictures at the bottom