My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on June 11, 2018, 06:47:20 AM

Title: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: Tom on June 11, 2018, 06:47:20 AM
I can't get to B&Q tomorrow as I have to be at the doctor at 9.I will go out after that though and ride the route backwards from Llantwit and call at the café for 11ish.
Later in the week uncertain at present!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: mal jones on June 11, 2018, 04:08:10 PM
I’ll be atBQ 9.45 and probably meet Mike and Patrick there maybe a few others to . So  well meet you somewhere on the route Tom if weather is nice I suggest that we could sit outside at cafe unwind or coast cafe or maybe the beach cafe
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: mal jones on June 12, 2018, 04:19:56 PM
5 out this morning for a very pleasant ride around the mid week route . Patrick the flying Scotsman on his TT bike chasing strava segments, Steve C very laid back till he opened up the throttle on Death Valley ( nearly got me a PR ) Mike B was disappointing as he had no new jokes and Neil B riding well ( he got 17 rides in in May) I was as usual hanging on the back . Passed Ron going the wrong way near the Aubrey arms and Tom made an appearance in cafe velo having been to the doctors and fixed a puncture- mind you his tyres and tubes were 10 years old I wonder what else he found up his attic during his recent house move , probably 6 more bikes he’d forgotten about
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: ron b on June 12, 2018, 08:30:10 PM
Just myself out very early ride this morning, passed the laterons going the wrong way by the A48. No need for protein today as there were lots of flies available.
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: mal jones on June 14, 2018, 04:45:53 PM
I’ll be at ewenny roundabout at 10am but doing POHill and lanes to llantwit as I want to be back early
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/6
Post by: mal jones on June 15, 2018, 02:15:59 PM
Me mike Patrick Carrie Chris M and Kelly left ewenny at 10am for a nice social ride down the lanes to llantwit where we met Steve C and Neil B in the cafe round the corner from cafe velo ( closed today)AWOL was Tom the concencus of opinion was that   A) he’s getting his flares and tie dyed t shirt ready for Stones concert tonight or B) Sarah is keeping him on a tight leash and has coerced him into a long coastal trek  - I’m sure Tom will provide us with the answer!!