My Community

General Category => Coaching & Training => Topic started by: Chris Tasker on February 08, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

Title: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Chris Tasker on February 08, 2014, 04:38:40 PM
Have a read of this article about the use of PED's by amateur athletes. The study smfoubd that 1:7 age group triathletes were using PED's. There is no financial gain to justify their use which makes it all the more sad.

Chris
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Rob Jones on February 08, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
I dunno Chris, might save them some money on an indoor trainer, tyre wear, energy drinks etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if its as common in amateur road racing and TT too...all the more reason for us not to take it too seriously and focus on enjoying/ improving rather than winning. You can't beat the cheats and this sort of news makes a great excuse for being mediocre
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: xrayspecs on February 08, 2014, 06:33:39 PM
I'm sure it is. People will always cheat / take the easy way out its human nature.
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Chris Tasker on February 09, 2014, 08:28:28 AM
I dunno Chris, might save them some money on an indoor trainer, tyre wear, energy drinks etc.

You've got areal thing about turbo tyres Rob, have you considered counselling?!!
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Andy H on February 09, 2014, 12:22:28 PM
I dunno Chris, might save them some money on an indoor trainer, tyre wear, energy drinks etc.

You've got areal thing about turbo tyres Rob, have you considered counselling?!!
   

 ;D
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Rob Jones on February 09, 2014, 01:07:29 PM
But I didn't raise the issue of tyre wear in the first place, Shawn did. I just said I didn't think specific tyres for indoor trainers were worth the bother (probably I said it more politely than that).

I know denial is a classic sign of failure to accept a problem though. :-[..so maybe I should look into that counselling...presumably there are at least a few out there specialising in the subject of tyre wear!!
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: ron b on February 09, 2014, 02:00:27 PM
What's a PED? and yes I use the same tyres.
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Rob Jones on February 09, 2014, 02:12:19 PM
Took me a while to work it out Ron but I think it must be "performance enhancing deterioration" of the tyre.
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Chris Tasker on February 09, 2014, 06:10:42 PM
PED = Performance Enhancing Drug
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: ron b on February 09, 2014, 06:23:51 PM
Drugs in cycling, next thing you will tell me is Father Christmas is not real.
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Rob Jones on February 09, 2014, 06:35:44 PM
Drugs in cycling, next thing you will tell me is Father Christmas is not real.

 ;D
Title: Re: Shocking article about use of PED's
Post by: Chris Tasker on February 09, 2014, 08:42:00 PM
👍