My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on February 08, 2014, 10:33:03 AM
-
Windy but hopefully not too wet in the morning.
http://connect.garmin.com/course/5674303
Out via Death Valley, Wick, Cowbridge, Watery Lane, Hensol, climb up to A48 follow to Culverhouse, St Fagans, Pentyrch, Caerphilly Mt, (from Tongwynlais) Taffs Well, Radyr, P.S.E., Gwern y Steeple, Duffryn Gdns (coffee) Fight the wind home along A48 then Llangan and Treos
Just over 60 miles and a bit lumpy! :)
-
Who's out? Also what time?
-
9 Davey
Depends on weather for me!
-
I just ventured out to the local shops... If the weather is like this in the morning I think I'll give the club run a miss.
A little too windy for my liking.
-
Just spotted Watery Lane in the route :D Is that downstream Andy?
-
This is looking unlikely for me!! :-[
-
Rollers for me I think. We'll see you in yellow yet DC.
-
Swim gala duty again for me, so no club run. Might try and get out for a couple of hours around Newport between races - but not if this wind keeps up.
-
Feeling optimistic when posting route! ;D
-
That's a good trait. I try to look on bright side - worse case scenario is a lie-in!
-
Andy, Mark R, Joe and myself. Ron joined us for a few miles - probably the first and last combined Pacers and 25ers run ever! Death Valley and then faster than race speed with the mother of all tailwinds down to Rhoose, Barry, St Fagans and back through the lanes. I'm feeling the effect of missing too many Sundays so thanks to the other guys for pulling me round...
-
Five hardy souls made it to Brackla this morning, to brave the elements, Steven, Joe, Mark R, Ron and myself.
Apart from the wind, rain and cold (and hail later) not a bad day to be out! Ron rode out with us to Death Valley then the four of us took advantage of a gusty tail wind to smash it down the Wick road towards Llanwit. Decided to make full use of the wind and carried on to Barry and Culverhouse Cross before heading to St Fagans to turn back for home. Taking advantage of what little shelter was provided by the lanes we passed Peterstone before Joe split to climb Gwern Y Steeple and the other 3 carried on to Hensol Forest and Watery Lane, down stream!
Windy all the way around but just the odd shower and the sun even tried to come out at one point.
Glad to have made it out sure as hell beats indoor training. :)
-
Nice to have a bit of company today, alas yesterdays strength training on the TT only allows me to dawdle, was nice out at St Brides with the wind behind, big ring and flat out, for a while anyway. Feet were cold on the way back, anyone tried "Booties", answers on a postcard.
-
Well done all. I thought against going out first thing. Then I started thinking about having to ride the rollers for 2nd day running (all that silver getting on the tyres ;)), so I headed over Cardiff way and over caerphilly mtn, knowing there was a slim chance I might bump into any brave pacers. Alas you understandably changed your route. Agree with club run comments, it was not too bad out there (quite invigorating at times). But that wind was cold, wouldn't want to ride into it for too long! I imagine booties would have been good today but can't say I've tried em!