My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on May 22, 2018, 08:14:49 PM

Title: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: Ben on May 22, 2018, 08:14:49 PM
As all the fast boys are off to Aberdare to ride to North Wales and back (Anything past Aberdare is North Wales) there will just be us normal speed people left. Friend of mine (Alex) is down from Stoke to enjoy some scenery and some lumps. He'd like to do Bwlch and Rhigos. So my proposed route is a long one for me, him and anyone who wants to carry on with me. But everyone else can get out at either the top of the Bwlch and go down Afan valley or Treorchy to Tonyrefail.
So the actual full route

Llangeinor -> Nant-y-Moel (Clock tower) -> Bwlch -> Treorchy (Coffee here) -> Rhigos -> Glyn-neath -> Resolven -> Cimla -> Porthcawl (Coffee again) - > Three Steps hill (or Mount Pleasant depending on who feels psychotic) -> Home to where ever from here. For Alex and me it will be Ewenny -> Death Valley and then Wick.

Those who do Afan Valley it will be about 45 miles. Probably about the same for Tonyrefail. The full ride will be closer to 70 I think. But we'll be going at a gentle pace I want to enjoy the climbs and the view as does Alex.
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: Jo on May 22, 2018, 09:41:44 PM
I'll join in on the longer ride. I may regret that decision at some point on Sunday    ;) ;D
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: Ben on May 23, 2018, 10:03:22 AM
We'll go easy on you Jo don't worry.
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: mal jones on May 23, 2018, 01:25:06 PM
I hope to be out on Sunday and will do the full route Ben
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: Andy H on May 23, 2018, 02:27:19 PM
I can't make this Sunday, so can I suggest this, as a ride for any Chasers not joining Harpo's tour of Mid-Wales
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: ron b on May 23, 2018, 07:40:44 PM
Not out for a while, my mother has broken her arm, anyone want to buy a skateboard. I will be out early each morning so we may pass each other. Looks like a good ride this Sunday, hope the weather holds.
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: mal jones on May 26, 2018, 12:45:35 PM
The weather looks bad especially over the hills so I’d stay low Ben not sure I’ll bother if it’s raining on my dog walk I’ll hive it a miss
Title: Re: The not Chasers/Pacers joint ride. 27th May
Post by: Ben on May 26, 2018, 01:04:55 PM
Met Office seems to be ok. So does Accuweather. I'll play it by ear anyway tomorrow. If it looks ok then We'll go for it. Wettish and it'll probably be Barry island or Cardiff.