My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on May 15, 2018, 12:58:42 PM
-
Any interest in a longer run this Sunday?
Forecast looking good but realize there is a long pacers/chasers run planned Bank Holiday weekend!
The route I have in mind is over the North Gower:-
https://www.strava.com/routes/13246018
129kms or 80miles in old money.
There is a cut off on North Gower which would reduce it by about 20kms
-
Hi Andy, just to let you know unfortunately I'm unlikely to be out this Sunday. Enjoy North Gower!
-
I think I'm only going to be out for a couple of hours, if that, so will just turn round when I need to. Gutted cos this looks a really good ride. Can I request we do this route again in a month or so?
-
Andy, I’ll be there. Desperately playing catch up & in need a a few long rides.
-
Nick,
I'll repeat the next sunny Sunday we have! ;)
Andy
-
Great ride this morning, rather tired and been out for dinner, ;) will post report tomorrow!!
-
19 riders out on a mixed Pacers/Chasers ride. lovely day for it, bright but not too sunny/hot, gentle winds.
Barring a few over exuberant injections of pace the group generally stuck together apart from the few 'punchy' climbs. Matt, Nigel and Haydn all going well.
Patrick and Mark R cut short between Margam and Neath and after a well deserved coffee break in Swansea Marina, Hannah called out her support vehicle!
I dropped off after a quick burst up Fabian way and soloed home, at this point there were two separate groups and assume all made it home safely. (to face the wrath of their other-halves in some cases)
Out were:-
Mark R
Mark P
Mark B
Toffer
Patrick
Matt
Rich L
Nick L
Lee
Hannah
Haydn
Reece
Nigel
Will
Mike
Carl
Paul
Tony and myself
We also picked up to guests on route via Margam. Hope you enjoyed the ride an you're welcome to join us at anytime.
Sorry didn't get your names!
-
Better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission I reckon. Safe to say I won't be out for the mega ride next Sunday 😉 Thanks a lot Andy, great ride
-
Good ride. All home before 2:30 so thumbs up. :)