My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on May 09, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
-
Weather is looking good again for this weekend. I've checked out a few nice roads round the Vale. So a little tour round the Vale and coffee at Cafe Velo. 30 miles altogether and maximum elevation of 300m so nice and flattish.
https://www.strava.com/routes/13132078
(http://i64.tinypic.com/3583u2t.jpg)
-
Hi Ben, I’ll be there on Sunday!
-
Meeting in the normal place Paul?
-
Ok, see you there!
-
I’m doing the dam busters ride in Llandeilo on Sunday Ben should be out next week
-
Not sure what I'll do on Sunday-love Bwllch and Rhigos but from here that's 85 miles and I don't have that long.What is your route Ben-I can't expand the map so know roughly where you're going but after my Chasers experience a couple of weeks ago I know roughly isn't sufficient!!
-
We're doing Ewenny, Colwinston, Llysworny, Llanblethian (there's a short sharp hill here though), Llandough, St Mary Church, Llanmaes, Llantwit (for coffee) then along coast road to Southerndown then back through Ogmore-by-sea and Ogmore village.
Tom do you want to meet Paul and me at the crossroads for Eagleswell road, Llanmaes road and Windmill road at 8.10? It's a gentle ride (with plenty of time) to get there through Colwinston and Troes. Where the red circle is.
(https://s14.postimg.cc/bkastfo35/Capture.jpg)
-
I'll be there 👍
-
Thanks Ben that's very helpful.Not sure what I'll do Sunday yet-may meet you but it means getting up at 6.30 so don't wait for me.If I'm not there may well see you at some point
-
Seven out today for a lovely sunny ride round the Vale. Myself, Nick and Carrie H, Lee, Paul E, Jo and newcomer Simon for his second ride.
We had a quick stop just after we left to inspect Nick's tube changing skills. It was a little slower then an F1 stop so we got bored and carried on. Our route took us to Ewenny and up Post office hill. From there we went to Lampha and to Colwinston. A cheeky steep little hill to Llysworny then over to Llanblethian where there was another cheeky ramp. From there it was down to Llandough and a Welsh attempt at a swiss alpine village and climb which was a little bit of a lung buster. Then into St Mary Church and again up another little ramp. Paul jumped off at Llantwit as we rode past his house. We were at Cafe Velo a little early but Coffee and Cake was a welcome sight. After stocking up on Caffeine and sugar we carried on along the coast road to Ogmore-by-sea. Simon and myself pulled off here to tackle Norton hill and take a route home.
Great ride today in some lovely weather. Little chilly out of the sun and in the wind. Hope I showed people some nice new roads to ride.