My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on April 28, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

Title: pacers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on April 28, 2018, 05:29:33 PM
This is the ride I have been on about doing when the weather breaks starting somewhere around aberdare
https://www.strava.com/activities/975664294
Its a stunning route and will have to drive to aberdare to start, more the merrier. Let me no if intrested 8)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: ron b on April 28, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
Good idea to drive somewhere, we, the Amblers are going to drive to Llandeilo and do a ride from there, when the weather gets better. In the old days, there was a ride to Aberystwyth B&B then ride back next day.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on April 28, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
2 coffee stops as well, first in Llanwrtyd Wells after the Military Road then Llandovery after Lake Brianne  8)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nick Langley on April 28, 2018, 07:04:01 PM
Looks like that would be awesome. Think 107m might be a bit much for me, however we can always do an alternative shorter 85-90m for Chasers starting and finishing on the same place? Can you have a look at a shortcut route?
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on April 28, 2018, 07:38:34 PM
Not really if you do you’ll miss out on some stunning scenery. Starting in hirwaun instead of aberdare will knock a few miles off!
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: RichardB on April 28, 2018, 08:23:06 PM
Yep looks good to me
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 12, 2018, 05:39:20 PM
Looking to do this 27th may if the weather is good 8)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Dave W on May 13, 2018, 12:51:37 PM
I'm in free weekend for me at the moment
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Greg B on May 13, 2018, 02:37:19 PM
Sounds good then straight to the cider festival in the watermill 🤪!
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Mark B on May 13, 2018, 09:27:04 PM
Haydn, I should be ok for that date. I’ll let Mick & Haydn know.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 13, 2018, 10:03:17 PM
Excellent, tell toffer as well
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Mark B on May 14, 2018, 08:13:34 PM
Think he’s away, but I’ll let him know just in case
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Mark Pope on May 14, 2018, 10:51:10 PM
I'm up for this. I'll bring a map in case I get dropped!  ;D
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on May 20, 2018, 06:10:15 PM
If possible I need a lift to start or its begging wife to use her car.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 20, 2018, 08:43:52 PM
No worries Nigel, we will sort it :)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on May 20, 2018, 09:12:11 PM
cheers
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: MikeHill on May 21, 2018, 08:13:17 AM
I’m in.... or out whichever the case maybe.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 21, 2018, 12:10:49 PM
We will be meeting to leave on our adventure at 9am on the start line of where the R25/3H (hope theres no tt on 8) )CF44 9UL. Can you confirm if you want a lift up there so i can try to sort it. Me , Nigel and Chappers need lift so far.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Mark B on May 21, 2018, 01:27:04 PM
I can drive and take one extra person with bike
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Reece0 on May 21, 2018, 05:29:22 PM
Happy to drive if needed. Room for another bike plus passenger but will mean stacking bikes
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Dave W on May 21, 2018, 06:50:21 PM
If you've got a tow bar your welcome to borrow my rack which fits on a tow bar and can carry 3 bikes
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 21, 2018, 07:04:59 PM
Don’t worry about it, just look after yourself!
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: MikeHill on May 21, 2018, 07:39:35 PM
Like Reece I got room for another but it will be stacking the bikes.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: MikeHill on May 21, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
Harpo - he’s riding all the way!! What a plonker 😂
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 21, 2018, 07:42:57 PM
Will be good to see you mike, it’s been a while! Will have to keep you on the reins mind :)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 21, 2018, 07:43:55 PM
I’ve  got worse words than that ! He’s better off doing it on his todd
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: MikeHill on May 21, 2018, 09:18:50 PM
I’ll slow up just for you x
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: RichardB on May 22, 2018, 07:39:54 AM
I intend coming along if there will be other chasers to keep me company in the grupetto. If I do I'll drive and there will room for another bike on the car and a passenger.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Greg B on May 22, 2018, 07:41:51 AM
I'm driving up with room for another one + bike
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Greg B on May 24, 2018, 12:56:18 PM
https://roadcyclinguk.com/rides-travel/climbing-devils-staircase-wales/

A taster of whats to come!
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on May 24, 2018, 09:04:10 PM
Weather not so good if BBC is correct...
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 24, 2018, 09:24:49 PM
Yeah been keeping an eye on it, the forecast for Mid Wales wasnt to bad yesterday but getting worse now! Will see if it changes tomorrow, if not will cancel for another fine day  ::)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 25, 2018, 05:39:10 PM
Weather is not the best Sunday, rain in Aberdare and low clould cover in Mid Wales so will cancel and wait for the next glorious Sunday 8)
As for this Sunday we will decide on the route when we get to Physique , so we have a better idea which direction the thunderstorms are and go the opposite direction!
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: harpo on May 31, 2018, 05:18:54 PM
All go for this Sunday! Weather looks fantastic!  8)
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: MikeHill on May 31, 2018, 11:53:30 PM
ill be there.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on June 01, 2018, 09:52:46 PM
Yes im OK for this Sunday.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Matt on June 02, 2018, 12:10:47 PM
Is there any chance to have a lift tomorrow from Bridgend? I am doing MOT and left my car in garage.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on June 02, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
Meeting at Hirwaun village hall, there is a 25TT on so the trading estate will be full and they are using Rhigos rugby club as the HQ. Meet up village hall to set off 09:00.
Title: Re: pacers and chasers ride soon??
Post by: Reece0 on June 02, 2018, 08:13:54 PM
I'm picking Paul R. up so see you there at 9
Title: Re: pacers ride soon??
Post by: wardhaugh on June 02, 2018, 10:33:04 PM
I can't make it. Have a good one. Remember to put your sunscreen on.
Title: Re: pacers ride soon??
Post by: Greg B on June 03, 2018, 12:07:18 AM
I wont be there unfortunately, have a good ride
Title: Re: pacers ride soon??
Post by: Nige on June 03, 2018, 07:33:12 PM
Great ride today, stunning views and some very tough climbs but worth it. Thanks all really enjoyed it but the legs are burning now.